-
Status
Not open for further replies.

MidnightSwinger

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
Contact seller
I got this to match the Dart Lite hood(also for sale in another ad) but I ended up having the ‘73 style from bumper brackets. I’ve never seen one of these in person, wasn’t sure they existed!

Super light, and in nice shape. $200 and located in Woodland CA 95695. Shipping is a possibility because of how light it is, but may still be expensive because of the length.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

A Feather Duster aluminum front bumper reinforcement is 26.5lbs lighter than the regular steel one. Steel one is 41.5lbs. Aluminum one is 15lbs. I suspect the weight savings for the Dart Light reinforcement is pretty well the same.

A Feather Duster aluminum front bumper reinforcement is 26.5lbs lighter than the regular steel one. Steel one is 41.5lbs. Aluminum one is 15lbs. I suspect the weight savings for the Dart Light reinforcement is pretty well the same.
Thank you sir, that info helps a lot. I can easily pick it up with 1 hand, can’t say the same for the steel reinforcement!

@Locomotion

A few new holes for the bumper, and hard mounted to the subframe, I think it would work for the rear on a Swinger/Scamp 74-76. It has to be worth 50 lbs easy back there. That rear bumper reinforcement is heavy.

IMG_3888.jpeg

image.jpg

I know the rear bumper reinforcement for a Duster is different than a Scamp. Are you sure it’s the same rear reinforcement between the Dart Sport and Dart?

The front reinforcement for a Duster and Scamp is the same as is the front reinforcement for a Dart Sport and a Dart. But a front reinforcement for a Dart won’t fit on a Scamp (and vice versa).

I know the rear bumper reinforcement for a Duster is different than a Scamp. Are you sure it’s the same rear reinforcement between the Dart Sport and Dart?

The front reinforcement for a Duster and Scamp is the same as is the front reinforcement for a Dart Sport and a Dart. But a front reinforcement for a Dart won’t fit on a Scamp (and vice versa).
That’s not the rear, it’s the front. I was telling locomotion that I might use the front reinforcement on the rear of my swinger since the shape is so similar. I would just need to shave about 2 inches of the beak off, and drill new holes for the bumper cover. Sorry for the confusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back