Dart lite f/s

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting thing is what they're not showing. Something seriously wrong with the driver side. Look at the drivers door panel on the interior shot.

Seriously interesting car, though. What's the history on them?

Related to the Feather Duster and 1976 only option. Only came as a /6.

* Underside hood & trunk bracing is aluminum. Hood had to be crimped to the aluminum underside bracing. Some may have gotten all-steel trunk lids due to availability.
* Bumper reinforcements between the bumper and shock absorber bumper brackets are aluminum.
* Aluminum intake with special carb calibrations & other tweaks.
* Aluminum case 4 speed OD (if auto trans not ordered).

It was rated at 36mpg highway back in 1976. But I'm sure the testing parameters used were quite different so it would not be rated that today.

The one door panel may be a back seat shot. I'd look at it if I were closer. It may at least be a good deal as a parts car.

I have looked at this car and it is really bad. There are no floors no rockers. Trunk lid is so rusted theres nothing to latch to. T-bar member rusted trans tunnel rusted. hasn't been started since the mid 80's. It is a one owner and she is 83 and she's not letting it go easy. It's a parts car and there are not many good parts there. The car is only 10 minutes from my house and I still may try to buy it again, but she's a tough old bird.

Related to the Feather Duster and 1976 only option. Only came as a /6.

* Underside hood & trunk bracing is aluminum. Hood had to be crimped to the aluminum underside bracing. Some may have gotten all-steel trunk lids due to availability.
* Bumper reinforcements between the bumper and shock absorber bumper brackets are aluminum.
* Aluminum intake with special carb calibrations & other tweaks.
* Aluminum case 4 speed OD (if auto trans not ordered).

It was rated at 36mpg highway back in 1976. But I'm sure the testing parameters used were quite different so it would not be rated that today.

The one door panel may be a back seat shot. I'd look at it if I were closer. It may at least be a good deal as a parts car.

Thanks Loco,
There are gaps in my brain that I sometimes need to fill. Be an interesting formula to use as a base for a milage friendly cruiser. Maybe with an FI slanty and a 5 spd. Too bad this one is a little gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back