dart no start

-

iggys68dart

Reaction score
been raining all day here and so around 5 i wanted to go somewhere and car wont fire it sounds like dist is wet but i checked that also i have about 2 inches standing water on floorboard paas side its getting gas and ran fine yesterday i know i should pull plugwire but its just to wet out there

I would pull the distributor cap and spray some WD-40 on the inside, then wipe the inside of the cap out.
Also while you have the cap off take a hair dryier and warm the distributor points to dry them also.

as i said in first post i checked that first and i have petronix instead of points im just wondering with winshield leaking if that isnt causing some other problem also i did top off my oil with some lucas last nite but shouldnt affect anything i even let run for about 10 minutes after but no luck today like i said its been pouring here all day

Sounds like the wiper pivot seals are going bad. If the driver side one is leaking too water will get all over your electrical system that is right under it. Not good. Just some thing to look in to.

Darn connectors. Talked buddy with 69 to just delete it. Only there for warranty work, easy to pull connectors (and easy to wire in factory).

-
Back