Dart Race car pics ?

-

dodgedartgt

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm looking for pics of '63-66 Dart race cars. Specifically dirt track, circle track, bomber cars.

I have a '64 GT in really rough shape. I could bring it back, but I'd be money and time ahead to follow up on other leads I have. I don't want to just trash the 52 year old shell I already have, and am considering a "down 'n' dirty" (no pun intended... well maybe) quick build.

Please show me what you've got.

Mike in FL

From all the dirt track cars I've seen it would be trashing it.
Doesnt take long and there's nothing left of them.
Thank god its a gm intermediate dominated sport.

Still looking for pics, please...

SSBA, you gotta understand that this '64 is already trashed. Just think of it as one of the one of the more "involved" projects taken on by the Graveyard Cars crew. And I'm not planning on taking it the dirt or short track. I'm just looking for the that "vibe" in a fun weekend driver and autocrosser.

Mike in FL

Still looking for pics, please...

SSBA, you gotta understand that this '64 is already trashed. Just think of it as one of the one of the more "involved" projects taken on by the Graveyard Cars crew. And I'm not planning on taking it the dirt or short track. I'm just looking for the that "vibe" in a fun weekend driver and autocrosser.

Mike in FL

Google is your friend.......Just Google it.

This what you're looking for?

Oh. Please don't do that to your car. Not because I'm a purest by any stretch of the imagination. But that would just destroy the car.

Thnx for the pic Ted. Got any others?

Yeah, that is what I'm looking for, a take on the Mopar Kit Car, but with any earlier than '67 A-bdy. Since I don't have any Volare/Aspens, Dusters/Demons/Dart Sports or E-bdys hanging around, I guess I'll hafta work with what I got.

To the naysayers, without any pics of mine right now to share, let me try to describe my car another way. The car is SO rough, that when living on the west coast (OR and WA), I don't think I would have even given a second glance for parts.

It has had an accident in the left front corner, the inner fender has buckles in it. But the front rail and core support appear straight.

It has also been hit hard in the r/h rear wheel well. The body line below the windows actually dips in 1-1/2" to 2" above the rear wheel. Additionally, the accident was so long ago, that it was (very kindly speaking) "repaired" with many little brazed on pieces of overlapping sheet metal to make a new wheel lip and then slathered, inside and out with handfulls, or even bucketfulls, of cheap filler. The entire original wheel lip shape is missing. It looks like an '80's Chevy p/u truck. In fact, whoever did the work, even went so far as to destroy the other side to make it look the same.

Now, for the upside to all of this. I live in FL, lots of salt in the air close to the coast. Yet the car does have a clean trunk floor, solid rails and rockers, good package tray, dutchmans panel, rear seat shelf and firewall.

And the best thing of all... I only gave $200 for it about three years ago as its next stop was the crusher. I've pee'd away well more beer than that just sitting, staring at it and imagining what to do.

The way I see it, I bought myself some cheap entertainment. Certainly gotten my money's worth out of it already. I've had fun piddling with it here on the property. But now it is time to do something with it, and the Mopar Kit Car vibe is what I (and remember, it is MY car) think is the most appropriate thing for it.

This car is not just uneconomical to repair like most of our project cars, but truly STUPID uneconomical to even consider doing so. There are still too many others out there in much better starting condition. So, time for some fun!!!

Show me your pics!

Mike in FL

-
Back