Dart Rallye Dash Questions paint/after mkt tach install

-

IndianaDodge

Reaction score
A couple questions about the 71 Dart, Demon rallye dash.

1. My plastic bezel has what looks to be a black tape/sticker in the blacked out areas of the dash bezel and the silver looks to be paint. Is this tape original? if not I still plan to remove the sticker and strip the paint using bleach white, what is a good black and silver paint to match mopars colors to look original.

2. My dash has the tach delete, I plan to install an aftermarket into the dash. it looks as if this would be possible without any serious mods as in cutting up the bezel which I hope to keep original. has anyone out there done this? pics would be great! Im thinking one of those little sun-pro tachs would work well.

Once the dash is complete I will share some pics!

thanks all!

I`ve never seen decals or stickers used on Rallye dashes , only plating and paint. CVplaters or Autoinstruments could make yours look new again. There`s a new tach out now that replaces the old factory tach or whatever is in it`s space. It reads to 8k instead of 6k like the originals. I see them on Ebay all the time.

The bleach white might work, but steel wool might do you better.....be careful.

Aside from having the dash re-plated with plastic chrome, the only way to nearly duplicate the chrome is "Killer Chrome" from Alsa corporation. It's expensive....BUT, there's a 2 for 1 on right now.

You first spray a black gloss basecoat (theirs), then fog with a metal particled spray...the result is actually mirror chrome. There's no other spray can on the market that can duplicate it. You then clearcoat, and do your trim.

The black can be re-applied with a good semi-gloss or satin black spray such as Krylon (very good....not at all junk like some think). When the factory black dries out it shrinks and looks as if they put a sticker on.

Honestly, go to the Alsa web site and watch the video's on Killer Chrome. Do your research and then have at it. :read2:

-
Back