Dart rubber floor mat test prototype.

-

66Dvert

Working on my custom car parts again!
Reaction score
Just working on some floor mats that I might like for my car, I'm not a fan of carpet floor mats so decided to experiment on rubber floormats dang that beast is heavy. now since the wife liked a different style than this saying it was too flat and boring, I'm going with a slightly different test (now that I know it actually works.:thumbsup: )

next test is either of these in the first picture
hmm which one.jpg

and the masters getting cut for a silicone mold after the wife looks at them again
20230725_212209.jpg

20230725_212202.jpg

20230725_212205.jpg

polishing is going to be a total ***** to do but they should look good.

FLOOR MAT CHOICE.jpg

20230720_122302.jpg

20230720_122307.jpg

20230720_124226.jpg

20230720_124232.jpg

20230720_130320.jpg

Damn those are awesome.... need to make a pair with a Plymouth logo in the middle please :)

Man I need to get my CNC machine running.... Nice job!
thanks, Once it's proved out I'll mill it with aluminum for a forever master mold. I do Lincoln heelpads for a customer that way and it gave me the idea to do my own MY way since I don't like the carpeted embroidered ones that well . lots of polishing coming up on this new designs set maybe I can get an approval from the wife this time

I'll probably be making the Barracuda one to match the sill plates I'm making to make it "more" consistent with each other. here is the last set (65 not the longer tailed 64) I did for a customer and am waiting for a quote to bulk anodize them in hardcoat.

20230626_191741.jpg

Got a pic? I`ve been wanting a heal pad to sew on my custom carpet floor mat.
it's got the lincoln star in it . but I'm thinking about a heelpad for my dart (floating pedal so it' just a nice rectangle with the Dodge script in it) also a couple thing I need to process anything is #1 floor mounted gas pedal? or floater. #2 how wide and tall . The linbcoln ones get a floor mounted pedal and the carpet gets cut out to let the pedal through the forring and against the heelpad.

20180222_172044.jpg

**** happens, I just cut short a head liner I`ve been waiting on for years, now I have to sew a section back in:BangHead:
Yeah, i was drilling the holes for the gas pedal.. came back up top and the drill grabbed a thread and pulled.. soo pissed :)

Well we learn the hard way sometimes. Red hot nail works wonders, but it`s nice to have a helper with a welding glove on to pat the fire out:lol:
yup.... punch with a torch is what i thought 10 seconds after i saw what i did :)

Belvedere actually.... but i think that would be too big.. so a big *** plymouth logo :) I need 2 smallish "12x14ish" floor mats to cover a mistake in my new carpet :(
Would go between the footpad and seat... so pissed bout that mistake
View attachment 1716120058
Hmmmm so a floor mat without the backing might work for you
Yeah, i was drilling the holes for the gas pedal.. came back up top and the drill grabbed a thread and pulled.. soo pissed :)
one of the reasons I use a sharp tipped soldering iron for hole locations (self sealing that way)

Belvedere actually.... but i think that would be too big.. so a big *** plymouth logo :) I need 2 smallish "12x14ish" floor mats to cover a mistake in my new carpet :(
Would go between the footpad and seat... so pissed bout that mistake
View attachment 1716120058
hmmm maybe this it's 12 x19 with a cutout in the top right side for the pedal.

1690488192471.png

Ah.. i had to look.. the one you used is the 63-64 one.. i don't recall it :)

That is awesome you can do that stuff... i can fix anything but suck at anything that needs art talent :( This was the logo i was thinking, Not that script but that logo..
View attachment 1716120076
hmm might have that somewhere but this one was actually made for a guy, and yeah it was EXPENSIVE to make as a 1 off custom one

1690490272606.png

Last edited:
That is honestly.... awesome :) someone should be selling those.
if I can perfect the pouring techniques I will. But they are NOT going to be 19.99 floor mats for sure. since each one cost me 38.00 is just in materials and labor (myself = minimum wage slave....) . But the up side is I can custom make them once I get it right, instead of white, use another color like red,green,blue,orange so pretty much 55.00" ish" each. and More for the larger front floormat, more like 100 per (piece) side for those

hmm which one.jpg

dart in colors.jpg

Front white Dart.jpg

Plymouth emblem.png

FRONT GREEN ISH.jpg

Last edited:
Because I am who I am.....

Sorry!

These intersections stand out to my eye.
Unless it is the way the OEM did it
Screenshot_20230727-192317.png

-
Back