Not open for further replies.

'73red-duster

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Contact seller
My '73 Dart Sport is going to the body shop Monday,for a complete resurface,thanks to the hail storm last month. The p/o put Demon badges on it,and I'm needing the proper ones to put it back correct. The ones that go on the front fenders are what I need. Anyone out there have an extra set? Post back,are PM me with what you have. Pictures would be nice.
Thanks, Dave

Duster Dart pics 024 (Small).jpg

I have one that is from a '74 it is the 'sport' in the rectangle emblem..

have pics if this sounds like what you need.

just the one though.

send me a p.m.

RPM

I have at least one sport emblem as well. What else was on the fender? I might have a dart emblem too if that is what goes on there. I will look through my emblems tonight.

This is the best pic I could find. I believe it takes both the Sport in the rectangle,plus the Dart emblem. not sure,but that could be 340 to the right of the Dart. Maybe someone has a '73 Sport,can come up with a closer shot. Thanks for the help.

73sport9 (Small).jpg

The 73 Dart had "DART" emblem above "SPORT" emblem. The left edge of the Sport emblem was directly under the letter R of "DART". Both are still available today. I see both NOS and used ones all the time on eBay. If your car is also a 340, those cars had a "Dart 340" emblem. The "340" emblem was also a separate emblem and on the same line with "DART" and still above "SPORT". All of my emblems had two mounting tabs which were pushed through the metal fender. I recommend you take the emblems to the body man before he repaints your car, in order to allow him to drill new holes to accomodate the new emblems. Chrysler also made "SPORT" emblems with adhesive stick on (no pins to stick through the fender metal). It just depended what the factory had in stock back in the 70s.

If you are as particular as me, let me know and I can trace you the exact locations of the emblems on the fender and get it to you somehow. I've had my 74 Dart Sport since 1974 and I replaced all the original emblems when I restored it.

I agree that "Demon" should not be on a 73.

I really appreciate the offer. Yes it is a 340 car. I hate to have you go to that much trouble,but a close up picture would be pretty handy. Thanks again . Dave

Two 340 emblems are currently for sale on eBay. Item # 300204495579. Opening bid is $80.00, but he says they are NOS. If another FABO member has these, take advantage of the offer.

Here's mine with the longitudinal stripe rather than the up-n-over stripe for location purposes.

73 340 Dart Sport 008.jpg

I want to thank all for your help. Between pictures,and some members having what I need,I am making progress. The car is getting soda blasted right now,and I know when Mike gets done with it,it will be sharp. Thanks,Dave

Duster Dart pics 024 (Small).jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back