dart sport/dusters w/factory sunroofs help please

-

ducter

Reaction score
On my 73 dart sport I am missing the sunroof crank and gears or whatever the assembly was for it. If anyone has any pictures of whats missing and possible places to buy the parts (if can be found) would be great. I dont know whats all missing but for certain something is lol. If you look at the close up thats where I presume the crank would have originally resided but nothing to attach it to or nothing that I can see that it would even turn.

Attachments

• IMG_20121228_152224 (Small).jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 214
  • IMG_20121228_152251 (Small).jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 194
I've never owned a sunroof Mopar, but here's a couple of threads I found that may help with the parts you need.......:cheers:

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=166157&highlight=sunroof

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=93662&highlight=sunroof

You can use the "search" function here on FABO and type the word "sunroof" for your keyword. I used the dropdown box "search titles only" for the above threads within the "Body / Interior / Trim" forum.

Good Luck

Thank you. I did search first how ever I searched the whole forum. Breaking it down like that makes much more sense. Real glad to see a possible source for parts, that's great.

it appears the cables are missing and the crank mechanism as well, on the outer panel on the right and left side there are those 2 bolts attached to that round piece, that round piece is your hight adjustment and the part that bolts to it are the front guides. you will need to take the bolts out, lift the front part of the panel out of the hole then guide the rest of the panel forward, in the rear you should see additional guides ,i do not rememebr what they look like from memory but i do know it doesnt take much to remove the whole panel. once you have done this you will see a cover that goes accross the front that would cover the cables,it will be held on with screws, remove the screws, tip it up on the leading edge and slide it out from the tracks. you will know right away if parts are missing. ie... the cables,guides,crank mechanism. take a few more pics and post tthem viewing from the top, left, right and front. it also appiears the shade is missing fromt he pics you posted. so you are aware, this unit was made by ASC , i believe some parts are still around and some are being reproduced , also your roof shares many of the same internals as the ford/Mercury sunroofs of the same period, dating all the way back into the late 60's when at that time it ASC was actually Golde sunroofs being installed by ASC (same product) eventually it all became ASC...

it appears the cables are missing and the crank mechanism as well, on the outer panel on the right and left side there are those 2 bolts attached to that round piece, that round piece is your hight adjustment and the part that bolts to it are the front guides. you will need to take the bolts out, lift the front part of the panel out of the hole then guide the rest of the panel forward, in the rear you should see additional guides ,i do not rememebr what they look like from memory but i do know it doesnt take much to remove the whole panel. once you have done this you will see a cover that goes accross the front that would cover the cables,it will be held on with screws, remove the screws, tip it up on the leading edge and slide it out from the tracks. you will know right away if parts are missing. ie... the cables,guides,crank mechanism. take a few more pics and post tthem viewing from the top, left, right and front. it also appiears the shade is missing fromt he pics you posted. so you are aware, this unit was made by ASC , i believe some parts are still around and some are being reproduced , also your roof shares many of the same internals as the ford/Mercury sunroofs of the same period, dating all the way back into the late 60's when at that time it ASC was actually Golde sunroofs being installed by ASC (same product) eventually it all became ASC...

Thanks for the info. I will pull it apart next time I get to work on it and try and see what's all missing. I got in touch with a guy on another forum that made a post back in 01 if I recall correctly that had posted his email saying he had a fsm if anyone needed, he emailed it to me the other day. I will post that also, might help others as well.

Heres the service manual for the sunroof, this is from a 75 but dont think anythings different. Courtesy of mopardave from moparchat, not sure if he is a member here or not, but either way a big thanks.

edit: for some reason cant upload a pdf sucsesfully, I uploaded it to my site for those that want it.

[ame="http://www.carolina-paving.com/mopar/SunroofService.pdf"]heres[/ame] the pdf

i have never seen that manual, that is indeed that roof. i have worked on many!, email me if you have any difficulty locating parts. i have been in the sunroof industry since the mid 80's and still am today. i may be able to hunt that stuff down. good luck!

-
Back