Dartin for Divorce

-
I also got a job for when I graduate on Saturday... Its with the potential to buy in after my 3rd year working as long as I hit certain milestones while in the office. If it works out I will be definitely in the market for like 15 more old mopars... lol

Oh I also passed my National Boards part 2. Now I take the first part of my licensing exam on Oct 12... hopefully that works out well too.

Nice work doc!! This is not easy stuff to get through but you are setting yourself up to be in a good position for your future. :thumbsup:

Well I didnt get to work on the car this weekend. I forgot I had a trip planned to go to Pahrump nevada for a free dental day. We saw 90 patients for dental work in 8 hours. I actually got to treat 3 prisoners, it was pretty crazy too. They had their hands and feet shackled and they had to have the guards with them.

I also got a job for when I graduate on Saturday... Its with the potential to buy in after my 3rd year working as long as I hit certain milestones while in the office. If it works out I will be definitely in the market for like 15 more old mopars... lol

Oh I also passed my National Boards part 2. Now I take the first part of my licensing exam on Oct 12... hopefully that works out well too.

If I get some free time I'll try and mess with my transmission so I feel comfortable driving the purple beast to school in the next couple of weeks!

Personal congrats from a fellow dentist, I passed the Boards 32 years ago. Dentistry is a great profession. Best of luck in your career.

Congrats on passing your National Board exam! If you passed that, you should have no trouble with the licensing exam. Is your new job in Vegas, or are you moving on to somewhere else? Sounds like it will turn into a pretty good gig if the office and practice has a good rep already. I'm sure you will be a great dentist, and get lots of patients from word of mouth advertising.....which is the best kind. I myself, prefer young doctors because you have learned the latest and greatest ways of helping people.

:thumbsup:

The practice is here in Las Vegas. We've thought long and hard about moving but everything keeps telling us to stay in Vegas close to the majority of our family.

The practice is actually owned by my uncle... lol. I have always told him I dont want to work for him because I want to be him but the opportunity he is giving me is to great to pass up. His office is huge and very profitable... he has 4 other docs that work for him but none of them are partners. Im the first he has offered to let partner. At 3 years I can buy 25% of the business and that 25% will be more expensive to buy but also profitable than me buying my own practice. The top 10% of dental offices collect around 1-1.3 million a year (with overhead around 60%). His office collected 6 million last year and his overhead is 53%.... So I'm very blessed, fortunate and grateful for the opportunity he is giving me.

Personal congrats from a fellow dentist, I passed the Boards 32 years ago. Dentistry is a great profession. Best of luck in your career.

Thanks a bunch! Its crazy to think 4.5 years ago I said I'd never want to be a dentist yet here I am about to graduate dental school lol...

Dentistry is definitely still a good career, the insurance game can be a pain but overall the opportunity dentistry provides is amazing. The business side of dentistry is actually what I enjoy most about the dental career.

Nice work doc!! This is not easy stuff to get through but you are setting yourself up to be in a good position for your future. :thumbsup:

Thanks! This last year is the worst year yet in different ways. Pretty much having to deal with the petty bullshit from the faculty dentists. Especially the younger dentists who think they are all high and mighty and better than you. Im having to bite my tongue on a daily basis to not tell some of them to shove something where the sun doesn't shine. :icon_fU:

Good for you Doc! Sounds like things are about to start falling into place quickly for you. I've got to confess. and my Periodontist told me this too....that I haven't been good to the profession of Dentistry in my life...lol. I'm 63 years old, and I have 2 fillings. Had those since I was 13 or 14, and they are the exact same spot as the 2 fillings I had in my baby teeth! That's weird to me. It's a thousand wonders my teeth survived as well as they did considering my former Dentist's hygienist scared me off in the mid 80's! I didn't even go to a dentist because of her for about 5 years! You and @Kent mosby might get a kick out of this. She was cleaning my teeth one day, and got to telling me how she was also a massage therapist on the side, and did that at night. Keep in mind that this was in the 80's when nobody wore latex gloves to work in your mouth! I was laying in the chair, and all I could think about was, here she is with her fingers in my mouth...and last night she was massaging some big fat mans hairy/sweaty ***! Every time they called to make me an appointment for a cleaning after that, I would ask if Barbara was still the hygienist, and when they said she was....I said let me call you back. That went on for 5 years and I finally went to another Dentist, who was my new wife's Dentist. Stayed with him till he retired, and now the young man who bought his practice is doing a great job. Every time he puts the sunglasses on me and checks my mouth for oral cancer with the laser thingy, he thanks me for not smoking, dipping, or chewing....lol.

Good for you Doc! Sounds like things are about to start falling into place quickly for you. I've got to confess. and my Periodontist told me this too....that I haven't been good to the profession of Dentistry in my life...lol. I'm 63 years old, and I have 2 fillings. Had those since I was 13 or 14, and they are the exact same spot as the 2 fillings I had in my baby teeth! That's weird to me. It's a thousand wonders my teeth survived as well as they did considering my former Dentist's hygienist scared me off in the mid 80's! I didn't even go to a dentist because of her for about 5 years! You and @Kent mosby might get a kick out of this. She was cleaning my teeth one day, and got to telling me how she was also a massage therapist on the side, and did that at night. Keep in mind that this was in the 80's when nobody wore latex gloves to work in your mouth! I was laying in the chair, and all I could think about was, here she is with her fingers in my mouth...and last night she was massaging some big fat mans hairy/sweaty ***! Every time they called to make me an appointment for a cleaning after that, I would ask if Barbara was still the hygienist, and when they said she was....I said let me call you back. That went on for 5 years and I finally went to another Dentist, who was my new wife's Dentist. Stayed with him till he retired, and now the young man who bought his practice is doing a great job. Every time he puts the sunglasses on me and checks my mouth for oral cancer with the laser thingy, he thanks me for not smoking, dipping, or chewing....lol.

I havent been to the dentist in... almost 4 years... I only went then because my wife worked at the practice and she would make me. Since dental school started I havent gone back. I have had tons of dental work done in my mouth, heck my 4 front teeth are fake since I got 2 knocked out when I was 13...

As long as you're good about brushing and flossing 2x a day, as well as laying low on the sugary drinks you should be ok... (I'm addicted to energy drinks... which are horrible for your teeth...)

It is funny you say that stuff though because all these dentists talk about ridding the world and people of ever getting cavities... Well... if everyone had perfect teeth then we would not be needed and out of work... its like banning gasoline.... my mopar won't run on vegetable oil :eek:

Funny story, you guys might get a chuckle out of this guy.

So last weekend my daughter got invited to a birthday party. We go over and I'm wearing a "Super Bee Mopar" shirt. This older gentleman comes up to me, he was probably in his mid 50s early 60s, I've never seen or met the guy before. He looks at me, doesn't introduce himself or even say hi; he says "do you even know what a super bee is, or did you just buy that shirt because it had a cool design on it..." :eek:

I get it I'm younger, so I wasn't around in the hay day of these old mopars but dang that was cold. I had to let him know I do in fact know what a bee is and that I have an old mopar. we get to talking after that and he tells me he always wanted a muscle car but family, life and $$ prevented him from getting one. He did have an aunt who had a 440 coronet 68 or 69 that her husband bought brand new and she had it up until about 10 years ago before she passed. Was talking about he wished he would have stayed in touch with her because she probably would have sold it to him for 1-2k...

Funny story, you guys might get a chuckle out of this guy.

So last weekend my daughter got invited to a birthday party. We go over and I'm wearing a "Super Bee Mopar" shirt. This older gentleman comes up to me, he was probably in his mid 50s early 60s, I've never seen or met the guy before. He looks at me, doesn't introduce himself or even say hi; he says "do you even know what a super bee is, or did you just buy that shirt because it had a cool design on it..." :eek:

I get it I'm younger, so I wasn't around in the hay day of these old mopars but dang that was cold. I had to let him know I do in fact know what a bee is and that I have an old mopar. we get to talking after that and he tells me he always wanted a muscle car but family, life and $$ prevented him from getting one. He did have an aunt who had a 440 coronet 68 or 69 that her husband bought brand new and she had it up until about 10 years ago before she passed. Was talking about he wished he would have stayed in touch with her because she probably would have sold it to him for 1-2k...

So 50s and 60s is an "older gentleman" huh? I resemble that.

You guys are funny. I'm 30 going on 70, but its funny the guy just assumed I had no clue about an old muscle car.

Pretty ironic that he never even owned a muscle car and he's trying to dog you for wearing a shirt.

It's usually the same deal when someone walks up to your car at a cruise-in and starts picking it apart. I ask those folks which car is theirs and they just walk away. Then want to comment on your car but don't have one of their own.

A "Coronet 440" means nothing, that was a mid-level plain-jane model name. Could not have had any type of 440 engine in it because it wasn't an R/T or a Super Bee. Next time you see him ask him if his "Coronet 440" had a 440 cu. in. engine in it. If he says it did, he's just a bullshitter.

My 68 coronet 440 4dr had a sweet 318. Everybody always asked if it was a 440, nope just the model. I’m sure his aunt had a 4dr.

Last edited:
A "Coronet 440" means nothing, that was a mid-level plain-jane model name. Could not have had any type of 440 engine in it because it wasn't an R/T or a Super Bee. Next time you see him ask him if his "Coronet 440" had a 440 cu. in. engine in it. If he says it did, he's just a bullshitter.

I doubt I'll ever see him again, the party we went to was for our neighbors kid and I've never seen the guy before.

I hate messing with the kickdown cable. I swear its never going to shift right with me doing it... I wonder if a better throttle/kick down cable bracket would help make it easier.

At least its nice outside right now... and I have good company...

20201011_165550.jpg

20201011_165538.jpg

20201011_165524.jpg

20201011_165513.jpg

Well I tinkered, its much better and maybe ill tinker a little more tomorrow.

Shifts are at about 18ish mph and 29ish mph under normal driving. Just a little bit of spooling on the 2nd-3rd shift, but not to bad.

I swear I did this before and I have no clue how it got out of wack again.

I hate messing with the kickdown cable. I swear its never going to shift right with me doing it... I wonder if a better throttle/kick down cable bracket would help make it easier.

At least its nice outside right now... and I have good company...

View attachment 1715611060

View attachment 1715611061

View attachment 1715611062

View attachment 1715611063
All caught up. Congratulations. Your hard work is paying off. I Can't believe she is walking. Man time flies. I'd love to see you have 15 more Mopars. :)

All caught up. Congratulations. Your hard work is paying off. I Can't believe she is walking. Man time flies. I'd love to see you have 15 more Mopars. :)

15 more mopars would be a blast, that may be a couple to many though, as I can barely keep 1 drivable :steering:... lol

Yea time does fly, I can't believe my son is 8... regarding the car, I can't believe its been just over a year with it and how much has been done.

Been over in another section posting on how to get my kd working better. Transgo tech line said it sounds like I'm not getting enough throttle pressure and to check the geometry of my kd and throttle cable. So I'm going to see about putting on the adapter for the kd that I used to have on the car. (First picture is how its set up now, second/third picture is old adapter on the carb)

Also while looking through the clearance sections of the different big stores to see if I could score a decent deal on a throttle cable/kick down cable bracket I came across this...

Idk if a 3.79 is good, I really only hear about the 4.0 but.... its only like 200 bucks!!! How bad do I want my wife to hate me? Lol. I also have new led headlights and a lokar cable bracket in my Amazon shopping cart... my birthday is in a week so maybe my wife will just buy everything for me... :rolleyes:

Screenshot_20201014-175834_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20201014-172119_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20201014-172331_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20201014-212708_Samsung Internet.jpg

That crank forging is a raw forging, if it's even actually available.

You'd have spend several hundred to get it machined and finished..

Unless you want to Engineer your own crank, rods, and piston geometry for a trick build you're better off buying a scat or molnar stroker rotating assembly. Or a BPE 408 shortblock..

That crank forging is a raw forging, if it's even actually available.

You'd have spend several hundred to get it machined and finished..

Unless you want to Engineer your own crank, rods, and piston geometry for a trick build you're better off buying a scat or molnar stroker rotating assembly. Or a BPE 408 shortblock..

Yea I was thinking about that too. I really like scat, but only because I really like the name lol.

-
Back