Dartin for Divorce

-
Once you start driving it, be on the lookout for wetness around the vent. If you find it wet, replace the vent. I don't think you can get them locally,. I replaced mine 5 or 6 years ago.

Hardware store would be your best bet for that plug. ("Actual O.D." refers to the pipe O.D.) The plug is either 1/2" or 3/4" NPT.
Hex head or square head, the threads are the same.
CMCP203-7.jpg

Last edited:
These don't look that great. Trying to figure out which suspension rebuild kit to get. I don't want to break the bank but I don't want to forget any parts.

Is there a good list somewhere that has the parts needed to redo the suspension? I've been reading past threads and some people state that you shouldn't buy a kit because they have parts not correct or needed or that they don't have all the parts. I've also already pm'd PST trying to get some answers to the directions I should go.

20191030_182004.jpg

20191030_181943.jpg

20191030_182037.jpg

20191030_182012.jpg

20191030_182042.jpg

20191030_181929.jpg

These don't look that great. Trying to figure out which suspension rebuild kit to get. I don't want to break the bank but I don't want to forget any parts.

Is there a good list somewhere that has the parts needed to redo the suspension? I've been reading past threads and some people state that you shouldn't buy a kit because they have parts not correct or needed or that they don't have all the parts. I've also already pm'd PST trying to get some answers to the directions I should go.

View attachment 1715416395

View attachment 1715416396

View attachment 1715416397

View attachment 1715416398

View attachment 1715416399

View attachment 1715416400
PST has good stuff and complete kits for a fair price. How fair? I tried piecing a kit together via rock auto with unknown brands and makes, and by the time I was done, PSTs kit would have been cheaper :BangHead:

@PST also offers a discount to FABO members I believe or rather did.

Yea I'm talking with James with PST right now.

Sway bar, shocks and super front end kit?

What bar is this one?

20191031_082158.jpg

Depends which kit you ordered

Haven't ordered yet I'm still trying to sort through everything that is off my car with the 73+ disc brakes and what is on my car. What is worth replacing and what I should leave as it etc.

I'm thinking the polygraphite super kit as I'm told it's the most complete kit. I also think the polygraphite kit you don't have to press in or grease.

Haven't ordered yet I'm still trying to sort through everything that is off my car with the 73+ disc brakes and what is on my car. What is worth replacing and what I should leave as it etc.

I'm thinking the polygraphite super kit as I'm told it's the most complete kit. I also think the polygraphite kit you don't have to press in or grease.
I’m pretty sure they’re installed the same way. And I think most recommend greasing them using like graphite to lube them. I’d ask PST and see

Everything that is going in will be cleaned and finished taken apart tomorrow, and I will finish painting everything.

Most of the bushings and ball joints actually seem to be in decent shape. The spindles and the rotors are full of grease and what looks like new timken bearings. Hmmm.. makes me wonder.

How do you get those bearings out of the rotor? I'll be searching YouTube for the answer I guess. Makes me think I should just have them resurfaced idk .

Ps- these nuts on the back of the spindle/backing plate were such a pain in the *** to get off .

20191101_174719.jpg

20191101_174711.jpg

20191101_161818.jpg

20191101_161849.jpg

20191101_161821.jpg

20191101_170303.jpg

20191101_165325.jpg

Here is the pictures of my cart at rock auto right now.... I really am so undecided on where to get all this junk from. On one hand I want to buy PST because sponser and so many glowing reviews, on the other hand I am a cheap *** and my cart with literally every part in the suspension section added, the steering section, tools and shocks is Way cheaper.... Plus I can buy a press at HF :)

Is my cart lacking any parts I may need?

front end rebuild.PNG

front end rebuild 2.PNG

Here is the pictures of my cart at rock auto right now.... I really am so undecided on where to get all this junk from. On one hand I want to buy PST because sponser and so many glowing reviews, on the other hand I am a cheap *** and my cart with literally every part in the suspension section added, the steering section, tools and shocks is Way cheaper.... Plus I can buy a press at HF :)

Is my cart lacking any parts I may need?

View attachment 1715417460

View attachment 1715417461
What kit are you looking at? The basic rebuild kit from PST was around 300.

What kit are you looking at? The basic rebuild kit from PST was around 300.

The PST super kit, since it has everything. I would hate to forget to get something then take everything apart again just to install 1 or 2 things. If I am going to replace them I might as well replace it all.

The PST super kit, since it has everything. I would hate to forget to get something then take everything apart again just to install 1 or 2 things. If I am going to replace them I might as well replace it all.
Hmm well the only advice I have, regardless of who the company is, you get what you pay for. QA1, PST, firm feel, Hotchkiss are all. Good high quality parts.

That said, I went the el cheapo route, ordered from rock auto. By the time I was done, the pst Kit was cheaper. But that was for the full front only kit. I did have a couple issues with the cheap rock auto parts QC including a stretched and bent Upper Ball joint.

Last edited:
my 2 cnts worth, easy to think about going cheaper when doing so much at 1 time, if you plan on keeping the car consider the better parts, I have done the same thing only to have to replace parts a second time, all I saved turned out to just add to what was wasted.

Hmm well the only advice I have, regardless of who the company is, you get what you pay for. QA1, PST, firm feel, Hotchkiss are all. Good high quality parts.

That said, I went the el cheapo route, ordered from rock auto. By the time I was done, the pst Kit was cheaper. But that was for the full front only kit. I did have a couple issues with QC including a stretched and bent Upper Ball joint.

True, I'm getting the PST, I'm intrigued by the polygraphite kit. Will order on Monday as I have to do it over the phone to order the C-Body tie rod ends. I'll just get the shocks, pitman arm, strut rods, some pads and other things that are smaler from other places.

Yep those be them.

A word to the wise though. The new ones bought from Rock auto or any other place have proven to be a much lesser quality than the originals. If you can find a good set of originals, I’d re-use them.

Sp just reuse the ones I have :)

Try to stay away from Chineesium chit if possible. I just spent 2 hours tweaking a repop door handle ( Chineesium no doubt) for my 76 Volare RR. Sorry son of a Chinaman $^&*&&()*^#^&^&^%!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Try to stay away from Chineesium chit if possible. I just spent 2 hours tweaking a repop door handle ( Chineesium no doubt) for my 76 Volare RR. Sorry son of a Chinaman $^&*&&()*^#^&^&^%!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Everything is from China :rofl:

-
Back