Dartin for Divorce

-
Co-worker just got the new Jeep truck, he ordered it with everything, totally loaded, he said it was 62k

Oh he bough a Rubicon Gladiator. I'd buy a base sport 4 door and swap all the parts I wanted in (rear end, lockers, axle shafts, suspension,armor etc) and save 20k. That's what I did with my 2 rubicons.

I really thought I'd have more time being on break and all; but with the holidays, picking up extra days at the school with pts,family in town etc I have got exactly nothing done to my car. Hopefully over the next 2week or 2 I can mess with it since the beginning of the semester isn't to crazy. :(

Keep making those memories with the family that is more important. Makes you hungrier to work on your car too.

Keep making those memories with the family that is more important. Makes you hungrier to work on your car too.

Well Friday's are the days I pick the kids up in the Dart for slurpees so I have to get it done soon and continue the tradition.

You are absolutely correct though and I whole heartedly agree about the memories.

Rear brake line replaced and parking brake lines installed. Man these wheels make me happy!

I'm worried about the clearance in the front of the tire between the body but we will cross that bridge later if we have to

20200111_130114.jpg

20200111_130122.jpg

I also hate the weights on the front of the wheel, but I dont really have any control over that.

I also hate the weights on the front of the wheel, but I dont really have any control over that.

Yeah you do. Tell the installer not to use them! Tires are easily balanced with stick-on weights placed on the inside of the rim. No weights clipped on anywhere.

Also, when you put that car on the ground, the clearance increases. I had 245-60R15 tires on the back of my '69 Dart at one time. They rubbed almost everywhere, but not at the front edge of the fender.

Yeah you do. Tell the installer not to use them! Tires are easily balanced with stick-on weights placed on the inside of the rim. No weights clipped on anywhere.

Also, when you put that car on the ground, the clearance increases. I had 245-60R15 tires on the back of my '69 Dart at one time. They rubbed almost everywhere, but not at the front edge of the fender.

My friend! Oh how I miss this place and all the wisdom. The only wisdom I get blessed with in my life lately is from my wife....

Yea the car had 245/60 on the old wheels with about 1in clearance between the tire and fender well lip. I believe the 8 3/4 adds .5-.75in width so I'm praying I still have room but it may be close.

I may have to buy a sawzall and do some trimming... or just take the fenders off I hear that's the new style with these rice tuner muscle cars :mob:

Speaking of style, I'm part of some Facebook mopar pages and there have been LS swap questions lately that sure do ruffle some feathers of some of the "purists." I enjoy poking fun from the peanut gallery, you know egging it on haha.

20200111_134051.jpg

Last edited:
You can put a spacer in front of the rear springs to get the axle back further.

You can "roll" your fenders to get more clearance. Here's an example using a wooden bat.

I thought about doing the spring relocation for bigger rear . That's what you're talking about right?
No you can un-bolt the front spring hanger and put a spacer between the frame and the spring hanger.

No you can un-bolt the front spring hanger and put a spacer between the frame and the spring hanger.
Pushes the axle back a little. But I doubt you'll need that. Real problem is that even if you get that tire perfectly centered (side-to-side) it'll rub somewhere inside the wheelwell if the rear end is at stock height. Especially with a load, and on bumps. The higher the car sits, and the stiffer the springs are, the less of a problem you'll have.

So I didnt get to work on the car much more toda . Wife wanted to go to Sam's club to pick some stuff up. By the time we got home, got the kids and house situated light was pretty much gone. My overhead garage light only really lights up the front half of the garage making it hard to work on the car. Question, should I bleed the rear brakes right now before taking apart the front brakes or do it all at once?

So now just being a dad hanging with the sickling

20200111_173453.jpg

20200111_173528.jpg

Last edited:
of course if you want the practice...:rolleyes:

I mean I need to drive the car but I dont "need" to drive it haha. I just miss it. Plus the more I drive it now the more I can spend on it to do the ac before the summer starts.

Look at that! Sitting on its wheels makes me happy!

I tightened the U bolts to 45lbs like I was told to do. Then started hwr up and man she still purs. Pressed the brake, it fell to the floor oops forgot and it's natural to press the brake when starting. 3 gas pedal presses and boom started like a champ.

Also the wheel wells look as if they have been rolled before. The drivers side has close to 1in space between the well and the tire and the passenger has about 3/16in between the tire and wheel. Weird old car

20200112_144451.jpg

20200112_144548.jpg

20200112_144555.jpg

-
Back