Dash cap adhesive

-

Avispa

Reaction score
Although I received adhesive with the dash cap (65 Dart), I'm not sure if it will be enough, is there something better to use that I can get locally?

Bought it off Ebag, they sent a tube of glue, just wanna make sure I use the best available and have enough.

Mine was just normal clear silicone. You need to tape it or keep weight on it until the silicone sets up.

Well i know what will hold it on, and it will be a real pain to get off again if you ever had too. 3M windshield adhesive.
you will play hell getting it off using it. I use it when I install the aluminum finns, on 64-67 formula S valve covers. they dont come off. Good stuff Maynard.
Dave

3M yellow weatherstrip adhesive.

I'm going to be putting one on a 1973 Cuda in a couple days , the instructions says not to glue them in the center because they need to contract and expand with tempature , so im going to just glue around the outside edge like the instructions say, doing it that way the tube they sent should be enough.

I'm going to be putting one on a 1973 Cuda in a couple days , the instructions says not to glue them in the center because they need to contract and expand with tempature , so im going to just glue around the outside edge like the instructions say, doing it that way the tube they sent should be enough.[/QUOTE
maybe I'll wait and see how Yours goes, let me know, OK?

Agree w/ quickcuda , used a tube of clear sillicone , about 8-9 yrs ago , also used more than they recommended -still looks like a new dash .

Agree w/ quickcuda , used a tube of clear sillicone , about 8-9 yrs ago , also used more than they recommended -still looks like a new dash .

A silicone adhesive? clear?, do You know the brand? I have most of the dash torn out, should I remove the pad and install the cap on the bench? or do it in the car?
TIA

A silicone adhesive? clear?, do You know the brand? I have most of the dash torn out, should I remove the pad and install the cap on the bench? or do it in the car?
TIA
Just a tube of silicone anything will work, I used the whole tube if I remember right, don't get it close enough to the edges to mash out and show, or need cleaned up .
Use some weights on flat thin boards or something to make sure it`s pressed all the way down, and leave it overnight .
Also make sure the high spots in cracks are cut/ground off level , and that it`s clean. alcohol will work to degrease and clean it .
I did mine in the car-------------

This ain't rocket science. A silicone sealer will work fine. Look at the warranty of any silicone based calk in Lowes. THIRTY FRIKKIN YEARS and that's out in the elements. I recommended the 3M yellow weatherstrip adhesive, because I've used it for this exact application and it works well, but the silicone will work great. It would take half the dash with it to get it back off once cured. While you're sittin on your hands waitin on somebody else to report back, you couldda had it done. Ten times.

No offense.

Not funny RRR, I only have one hand, so it may be a little more difficult for Me!

Not funny RRR, I only have one hand, so it may be a little more difficult for Me!
Time to remove foot rob ! Ask me how I know when the time is right ! Second thot don't ask!! LOL

We're two peas in a pod. I have one eye. and no it's not in the middle of my forehead.

And ok......then you couldda done it just five times by now then. lol Feel free to retaliate with all the half blind jokes you can think of. Here's look at you.

EYE.jpg

Well, I better clarify what I meant yesterday in my above post about having only one hand. It was My feeble attempt at being humorous, I do in fact have ALL My appendages and all are fully functional! What I should have said or what I should have qualified My statement with was, "I only have one hand depending on which hand I'm holding My beer in at the time".
And In My response of Your previous post about looking at Me with Your glass eye, here's Me pointing back at You with My good free right hand, as You can clearly see the other is occupied and pretty much useless except to hold My beer.
upload_2019-7-29_14-14-7.png

I put on the Cuda dash cover today, using the silicone that came with it, just put a small bead around the outer edge. E body's are easier than A body's because the speaker grille screws it down and holds it. I do believe that super weather strip adheasive would work just as well like RRR said, and dry quicker too.

IMG_20190729_085459.jpg

IMG_20190729_091329.jpg

IMG_20190729_100946.jpg

-
Back