Dash Frame Interchange?

-
I'd be lying if I said I read the whole thread, so I'll be the first one to admit that I suck if this has already been answered, but I have a similar question...will the dash frame I already have out of a '67 Barracuda bolt right into my (new-to-me) '72 Duster? I really want to convert the Duster to a rallye dash and the '67 frame is just taking up room in the barn. Now I'm really pushing it, but will the dash pad from the Duster fit the 'Cuda frame? Thanks.

I'd be lying if I said I read the whole thread, so I'll be the first one to admit that I suck if this has already been answered, but I have a similar question...will the dash frame I already have out of a '67 Barracuda bolt right into my (new-to-me) '72 Duster? I really want to convert the Duster to a rallye dash and the '67 frame is just taking up room in the barn. Now I'm really pushing it, but will the dash pad from the Duster fit the 'Cuda frame? Thanks.

Yes, the dash frame will bolt right in. The dash pad should fit as well.

You’ll have a couple issues. The VIN tag on your original dash frame. I won’t get into this, as it will derail the entire thread. But ‘67’s didn’t have them, so there won’t be any existing rivet holes to guide you. The other big one is the ignition key, on a ‘72 it’s on the column and on a ‘67 it’s on the dash. But you can fill the hole on the ‘67 dash, or put some other switch there. You’ll also have the one year only glove box with the ‘67. Later doors will fit the hole but you’ll need to add the holes for the hinge mechanism as it’s totally different on a ‘67. Or just run the ‘67 door.

-
Back