Dash install + the wiring

-

Snake

Mopar Nut
Reaction score
Getting close to install the dash,my thoughts it would be super easy to install all the wiring and then install the dash complete.Will it work out or not.any thoughts.

I dont see any reason why that would not work out at all. At least it would limit the time you have to spend upside down to install it all.

what ^^ he said - be sure though - "super easy" doesn't compute with the dashes in these cars - but anything you can do to make it easier is a good thing :D I will say this though - the dash is already a bit ungainly (as I am sure you already know) and adding the inserts, gauges and the associated wiring can make it considerably heavier -suggestion: no seats in the car - lay out a couple of heavy blankets on the floor before you crawl in there - if you have some carpet (old one from before reno or even the new one if you already have it) - use that too..

That is exactly how I just completed my dash. I completely overhauled it wiring and all on the bench and dropped in as a unit.Allowed for thorough cleaning and testing of all connections. Everything worked without fail.

I've installed mine as a unit. I use the lower mounting point as pivot, worked great.

100_0511.jpg

100_0512.jpg

the steering column was next

img_0813.jpg

I had my dash on the bench blown apart for 2 months. Went through the whole thing making changes & updates. I thought I was done so I reinstalled it and since have added wiring and grounding for my air/fuel kit and now I have to install everything for the gearvendors electrical. Trying to get finished so I can install the carpet without further fubar! No matter how complete you think you have it there will be something else-at least for me. On install, you can pivot it on the lower mount bolts and loose fasten it with wires from the cowl to the dash and work everything from the top which is kind of cool.
Good Luck-DR:coffee2:

In the upper left corner - external voltage limiter?
Could you tell/show me how you wired it?
I just bought one.....

Pretty straight forward, wiring as shown in the pic I posted. Just match up your terminals as shown in the pic I posted. You can mount the new IVR where the old noise supressor used to be. You will need to pull your fuel gauge out, remove it's gauge face, then remover the gauge electronics cover and disable your internal voltage limiter by simply bending back the bimetal points arm be sure it is clear of touching anything. Reinstall your cover, gauge face plate and then your gauge into the housing, then wire your new DemonIVR as shown in the pic

Pretty straight forward, wiring as shown in the pic I posted. Just match up your terminals as shown in the pic I posted. You can mount the new IVR where the old noise supressor used to be. You will need to pull your fuel gauge out, remove it's gauge face, then remover the gauge electronics cover and disable your internal voltage limiter by simply bending back the bimetal points arm be sure it is clear of touching anything. Reinstall your cover, gauge face plate and then your gauge into the housing, then wire your new DemonIVR as shown in the pic

Awesome! Thanks!

I know what I'm doing this weekend!

:burnout:

-
Back