dash LED's, long winded

-

khuebner250

Reaction score
Has anyone used #194 leds in their dash? I have the dash out of the car and am going to have it redone. I want to put LED's inplace of the original dash bulbs.

Here's the dilema. Original gauges glow green, I want to keep them green. Original bulbs have a yellowish tint, right. Inside the dash there are blue covers or globes that the bulbs sit in. I am assuming this makes green(yellow&blue). If I put true white LED's inside of those blue covers will the gauges glow blue or green? Or should I cut out the globes and put green LED's in there? Has anyone done this?

Thanks,
Keith

if you want it brighter, just buy some # 175 bulbs,

194 = 2 candlepower.
168 = 3 cp
175 = 5 cp. :)

Wagner makes them.

Napa sells them.

Item#: LMP175

Price: $1.99
tax and shipping not included

Disclaimer: The stated price may vary from the in store price and may change at anytime.

Contact customer service for ordering details.

Attributes:
Bulb Type:T-3 1/4
Candle Power:5.0
Electrical Rating:14 Volt 8.12 Watt

46420.jpg

Don't confuse combining light-produced colors with combining pigmented colors (paint). Comgining blue and yellow paint will indeed produce varying shades of green, depending upon ratios of each color. On the other hand, combining light waves does something completely different.

To prove it, you can wrap the lenses of three flashlights with separate red, blue, and yellow cellophane (plastic) films. Shine them all into one spot and you get white light. Do that with paint and you get something resembling mud.

Remember, pigments in paint are ABSORBING certain light waves, so what we perceive is the color NOT absorbed, but rather is being REFLECTED.

I thought this might help in understanding how mixing colors works. White light through a blue lens (pigment in the plastic) will still give you blue lights.

Jerry

-
Back