Dash lights and left blinker not working

-

challyrtse

Reaction score
Hi everyone.
My 67 Dart had been having a bad run of luck with the instrument panel, and I was able to solve most of them by doing the following:
1) Replacing the 5 Volt power supply with one made from modern parts.
2) Replacing all of the light bulb plastic holders.
3) Replacing all of the light bulbs.
That fixed my gages, the lights on the left hand side of the panel, and my right-hand turn signal.
So, I pulled the panel out again, and ran soldered wires from each post of the plugs to its appropriate light or indication. I was careful not to lift any copper runs, and I cleaned up the copper before soldering (I soldered electronics in the navy for 11 years...). I figured that would solve my problems!
But, no; in fact, it didn't fix anything! So my right side lights, left turn sigal, and hi-beam indicator still do not function. It does not appear that there are any breaks in the original runs, but I haven't checked with an ohmmeter. I was able to find a place on ebay that sells new circuit boards for 60's and 70's Mopar's, but it would run about $200 to replace in my car.
Any ideas? Am I missing something big picture here?
Thanks!

that does sound like a problem with the circuit board and you're on the right track to check it with an ohmmeter.Might be cheaper to find a used gauge cluster and swap the board over to yours.

-
Back