Dash minor modification

-

BlackBrick

The Cult Mechanicus
Reaction score
So need to know what to look out for when removing the AC vent setup on my Darts factory under dash vents

Okay, so the plan is to remove the dash ashtray from the car and fill the spot with a water temp / oil pressure gauge set.

I did this on my 71 Duster and they looked good there. Only thing is, my 72 Dart has the factory under the dash AC vent setup. The 71's dash had pretty much been gutted, so there was nothing in the way.

Not a lot of room to work with the venting in place, so anything to look out for while removing the vent setup? The plan is to get one of the vent gasket kits and rebuild the insulation on the AC vent box while I have it out. There is an annoying high pitched wheezing noise that comes on with the AC blasting in the summer.

Will relocate the lighter to a spot under the dash for 12v accessory power, and run a 3 port 12v accessory block right under the dash, possibly use 2 sided tape to attach to the AC vent housing.

I guess I'll find out in a couple of weeks. I will be shooting pictures while I do it, cause seems taht is something that is missed here on the Forums.

-
Back