Dash pad repair

-

plugger340

Reaction score
I have a small damaged area on my dash and I was wondering what would be the best way to fill the hole. The hole is about 1/4” x 1/2”, and 1/8” deep.
I thought I would dap on a thin layer of urethane glue, and then mist it with water so it foams, and keep doing that until the spot is level with the rest of the pad.
Yeah or nay? Does anyone have any other suggestions?

IMG_1037.jpeg

I had very similar damage on a Challenger dash pad. I found a guy that did vinyl and leather repairs after searching online. He had a mobile set up and did most of his work for new and used car dealerships. I met him at a dealership parking lot with the dash pad and he did the repair on site. Very pleased with the results. He used something that required UV to cure if I recall correctly. He had a variety of grain templates to use to match whatever vinyl type. Maybe check with dealers in your area and see if they can point you to someone?

I had very similar damage on a Challenger dash pad. I found a guy that did vinyl and leather repairs after searching online. He had a mobile set up and did most of his work for new and used car dealerships. I met him at a dealership parking lot with the dash pad and he did the repair on site. Very pleased with the results. He used something that required UV to cure if I recall correctly. He had a variety of grain templates to use to match whatever vinyl type. Maybe check with dealers in your area and see if they can point you to someone?

Thanks, I check with the dealerships

-
Back