Dash pad value

-

Gordon Selbig

Reaction score
I have a used dash pad out of a 67 barracuda that is all cracked. Does it have any value for somebody that repops these dash pads? Thanks

I dunno. Mine looked like the grand canyon. I folded it in half and pitched it. Used a repop 69 pad on my 67.

I purchased my dash here, they charged me a core but it would cost more to ship my old one back. At the time core with a metal backing was around 35.00

Mopar A Body

Call or email ask...

I seen a dash pad cap that fooled me. I was quite surprised when the guy pulled it back and revealed the old dash pad. I would say if it's in okay condition to get a dash cap. I just bought a used one for $100 a few years ago and it's in driver condition. I bought another one a few months ago and it's pretty damn good I mean you'd have to really hunt to find the imperfections. I'll keep that one for when I get the car painted or something..

Iv been wondering about them caps myself. Is rather not take out my windshield to replace the entire dash pad and can't really afford one either.
Those caps are around or under 100 bucks

Iv been wondering about them caps myself. Is rather not take out my windshield to replace the entire dash pad and can't really afford one either.
Those caps are around or under 100 bucks

The windshield doesn’t have to come out to replace the dash pad. If you want to remove the entire dash frame without cutting the original fasteners the windshield has to come out. But the pad can be changed with the windshield and the dash frame in the car, no problem. It’s a lot easier with the instrument cluster out, but even that can be worked around if you’re patient. And limber!

The windshield doesn’t have to come out to replace the dash pad. If you want to remove the entire dash frame without cutting the original fasteners the windshield has to come out. But the pad can be changed with the windshield and the dash frame in the car, no problem. It’s a lot easier with the instrument cluster out, but even that can be worked around if you’re patient. And limber!
Thank you for that info didnt know that I thought it had 2 screws on the back side against the glass. My cluster is already out. Thats a good thing because I'm not very limber lol

Thank you for that info didnt know that I thought it had 2 screws on the back side against the glass. My cluster is already out. Thats a good thing because I'm not very limber lol

The dash frame has fasteners under the windshield gasket you can’t really get at with the windshield in.

The dash pad just has a handful of studs molded into it with speed nuts underneath the dash frame.

Actually there's two screws that go into it on each end on the downturn. when I put mine back together I didn't put those in and I actually used Little Wing nuts instead of nuts so I can reach back there with my fingers and un tighten it.

If need be I have my second one out and can take pictures of their locations...

-
Back