Dash Paint?

-
Thank you! It’s my new favorite spray paint. Spray pattern is thick and it lays down, and levels out. Hard to make it run.

I saw your comment and was super excited… then I happened…

I will admit… I’m not a professional and the dash isn’t properly hung like a professional.

CD20395A-A25F-4C2A-A419-B5B583CC1F38.jpeg

9F36B48B-4C2F-4235-B42F-BC332571AD28.jpeg

9707D25E-46D9-4565-BA32-BC5B2BE93B53.jpeg

1B0F2EFD-15D5-4CC6-A139-8E875B6C71ED.jpeg

AA7A49B9-DC69-4DAC-964B-60675EB30B70.jpeg

Bravo my man! Wet sanding? Whatever you did I might have to do cuz it looks great.

Yes first started wet sanding by hand with 400 grit… then said **** it, grabbed the orbital sander and some 320 grit.. sanded the runs and a couple other spots I didn’t like. Cleaned it with soapy water then Brake cleaner. Sprayed like 5 more coats and let it dry.

I’ll wet sand it with really fine grit before installing it. I need to figure out my wiring situation to start putting the dash together.

Yes first started wet sanding by hand with 400 grit… then said **** it, grabbed the orbital sander and some 320 grit.. sanded the runs and a couple other spots I didn’t like. Cleaned it with soapy water then Brake cleaner. Sprayed like 5 more coats and let it dry.

I’ll wet sand it with really fine grit before installing it. I need to figure out my wiring situation to start putting the dash together.
Not bad for a rattle can product huh? I think I’m gonna wet sand mine now.

Not bad for a rattle can product huh? I think I’m gonna wet sand mine now.

Yeah it wasn’t too bad for a spray paint. I’ll probably wet sand it then spray another coat or 2.

I’m sure there are a lot of other areas in the car that need SEM black paint as well.

Yeah it wasn’t too bad for a spray paint. I’ll probably wet sand it then spray another coat or 2.

I’m sure there are a lot of other areas in the car that need SEM black paint as well.
I’ve got it on a few things under hood like the fender supports and coil bracket. Waiting to see how it holds up but I want to paint my hood with it. I’m sure I would need to clear coat it for longevity, but I think it will look good.

I originally went with the SEM Trim Black.. Laid down nicely and looked incredible.. Problem came when I went to clean about 2 months of garage dust, etc. off of it.. I made the mistake of using a spray cleaner to wipe it down with and it reacted with the paint.. Obvious sheen change and blotchy areas were the result. So, I stripped it all back down and went with SprayMax 2k rattlecan paint. Hot Rod Satin Black. It too looks GREAT and should be a hell of a lot more durable. I even did my interior door tops and bottoms as well as the sail panels the same color. To give those areas the gloss look like the factory had, I'm just gonna hit it with a satin clear.

I originally went with the SEM Trim Black.. Laid down nicely and looked incredible.. Problem came when I went to clean about 2 months of garage dust, etc. off of it.. I made the mistake of using a spray cleaner to wipe it down with and it reacted with the paint.. Obvious sheen change and blotchy areas were the result. So, I stripped it all back down and went with SprayMax 2k rattlecan paint. Hot Rod Satin Black. It too looks GREAT and should be a hell of a lot more durable. I even did my interior door tops and bottoms as well as the sail panels the same color. To give those areas the gloss look like the factory had, I'm just gonna hit it with a satin clear.
The hot rod paint is chemical resistant?

The hot rod paint is chemical resistant?
Well, the 2k SprayMax has the hardener / activator in it so yeah, it's more durable, not so reactive to UV / weathering and can hold up better to some chemicals than the regular 1k paint.

Well, the 2k SprayMax has the hardener / activator in it so yeah, it's more durable, not so reactive to UV / weathering and can hold up better to some chemicals than the regular 1k paint.
What chemicals did you try cleaning with that messed up the paint?

-
Back