Dash paint

-

Quantum53

Reaction score
Want to redo the dash in my Dart. Exterior medium metallic green. Interior is in the green with different shade on headliner, door panels and dash. How or wher do you get the paint number fo the "dull" look on the dash, or is it ok to go "glossy?"

If you want the factory correct paint you need to contact Mike Mancini. He sells the correct suede finish paint. It is not cheap though.

What Color is your dash now? Mine is the Dark green metalic and I want to go black.
Anyone got pics of a dash they painted? How does it hold up?

If you paint it, don't use a gloss paint. The glare is horrible if you do. Here is a fuzzy phone pic of a painted dash using the original suede black from Mike Mancini.....

11-9-2009DashPrimered.jpg

11-10-2009DashPainted.jpg

11-10-2009DashFramePainted.jpg

its fairly easy to remove, but if you akready have the windshield out, why not take the dash out? its only a few bolts...

carcrazy, the dash looks awesome! For metal dashes I've always liked to get the paint store to mix my colors using the glovebox door as a sample. They can use the scanner they have to figure out the mix, then throw in a flattening agent to bring down the gloss. This way I can get a good hard urethane on it and know it's going to last.
For going base clear there are some low gloss urethane clears on the market.

Is the glove box door also painted using the same textured paint as the metal frame? If not what is used. I am in the process of doing the same thing.

-
Back