Date these seats?

-

RustyDusty

Rabid Cross-eyed Opossum!
Reaction score
Hey, the front seat was added later in the car's life. Can anyone give me some details from just this one photo? I'm wanting covers for them.

58935_462564732847_529437847_6476742_7812387_n.jpg

Here's a 72, looks good except head rests don't look wide enough:
thumbnail.aspx

This 73 looks just like it except whatever the circular thing on the side of the seat back is. I don't know what it's called, but I assume it's the lever to push the seatback forward, which I don't have. Mine are located right were the hinge is.
thumbnail.aspx

Maybe they're not duster seats?

this is just a guess ,but maybe the circular thing was only on seatsfrom 2 door cars, if it was out of a 4 door, then the seats wouldnt need to lean forward.just a guess.

Date those seats? Sorry, I wouldn't go out with them even if you paid me! :toothy10:

Ha! I was waiting for someone to finally say that.

My seats do fold forward. They just do it from the hinge on the seat, not up on the seat back. I've got a 2 door.

Remove the plastic piece that covers the hinge, should be held on by one screw. Flip it over and look for a two digit year. My bet is on 73.

Remove the plastic piece that covers the hinge, should be held on by one screw. Flip it over and look for a two digit year. My bet is on 73.

The '73 seems to have the lever up on the side of the seatback. Like the below photo. Mine has the lever where the 72 is, just different head rest size.

thumbnail.aspx

-
Back