Dave Morgan Chassis class!

-

BJS racing

Not all there!
Reaction score
I am currently talking to Dave Morgan (author of Door Slammers) about coming to Texas and teaching a class or two on chassis set ups and suspension set up. If you are interested in this email me at [email protected] and I will add you to the list and as soon as I have dates and cost for the classes I will contact you. If you could please email me and let me know if you would rather attend the class in Houston or in Ft. Worth and your phone # that would be great. The last class that he did here was about $80 per person.

Jason

Would this class be offered in video

That would be very cool for a lot of people out of the area.

Mike that question has been brought up and I am going to ask about it. I do know that Dave does have a video and I will ask him about the price of it and how to order it and let you know. Sorry that isn't airfare included.

If anyone is interested here is what the class covers.

I. Technical history of drag racing
A. Suspension violence
B. Tire designs
C. Transmission sciences
D. Chassis designs
E. Shock designs
II. Weight transfer
A. Wheel torque
B. Thrust
C. G-force
D. Amount of weight transfer
III. Center of Gravity
A. Forces acting on C/G
B. How to find C/G
IV. Chassis structure
A. Floor and framerails
B. Cage designs
C. How to diagnose flex
D. Differential housing
V. Choosing springs
A. Storing energy is a spring
B. Sprung and unsprung weight
C. Leverage ratios and motion ratios
D. Spring rate calculation
E. Leaf springs
VI. Shocks
A. How to read a shock graph
1. Force/displacement
2. Force/velocity
B. How a shock works
1. Twin tube
a. How to change fluid
2. Mono-tube
a. Effects of gas pressure
VII. Rear suspension
A. Ladder bars
B. Fourlinks
1. Instant center view
a. Drawing a map
2. Kinematics
a. Extra traction
b. Roll steer

Well I just sent an email to Dave Morgan about holding the Houston class on the 21st of April. So just waiting to see his response. This isn't easy to set up since I am trying to run two classes in totally different locations.

UPDATE:

Ok it is on. Here is the info for the class. I will be taking emails and I will send emails for the class. Dates are as follows.

Houston, Tx. April 21st will be held at The College of the Main land in Texas City.

Ft. Worth, Tx. May 5th at Painless Performace.

Both classes will start at 9 a.m. and end at 6 p.m. There will be a break for lunch.

The cost of the class will be $85 a person if you prepay and register and it will be $90 a person at the door. This class will be about 9 hours. I will be accepting checks or money orders and cash is always the best. If you need and address to send registration to send an email to [email protected] and I will send you the information. When sending payment or verification of the class let me know how many people will be coming with you and which location you will be attending. This way I can build a roster and make sure that I have you down as paid or still owing. If you register and cannot attend please try to let me know before the class if at all possible. If you have any questions feel free to email me and I will respond as quick as possible. Thank you and stay tuned!

Jason Hamner

These changes have been made due to the lack of interest. Let me know if you plan on coming.

-
Back