-
Status
Not open for further replies.

71Duster

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I need the tubes that connect the heater box to the defrost vents in the dash for a 71' Duster but they all look to be the same.

Can't find anyone making these

Ouch!

I have some cheapo parts store repacements but they dont stay on worth a damn. The passanger ones stays but the drivers always falls off. Figured someone must of saved one when parting a car.

Have to keep looking and maybe re-engineer mine.

I picked up a set of new hoses from Napa Auto Parts. Had to ask one of the guys who'd been there for a while. As far as making sure they don't pop off I put 3m brand zip-ties. The ones that are element resistant and don't crumble after 10 years.

I picked up a set of new hoses from Napa Auto Parts. Had to ask one of the guys who'd been there for a while. As far as making sure they don't pop off I put 3m brand zip-ties. The ones that are element resistant and don't crumble after 10 years.

64dartwagon, do you have the Napa part number for the hoses?

Thanks

Sorry I don't. It requires the help of the guy who's been with Napa for years. The new guys all think the dash uses that molded plastic like new cars.

I'll check the junkyards again then, way easier to find mustangs there then mopars for some reason

I'll check the junkyards again then, way easier to find mustangs there then mopars for some reason

the would be the day i seen a mustang at a junk yard.... here in Saskatchewan we will fix any rust bucket...

the 4 door darts are endless

71duster

I am only going from memory (cause it has been a long time since I worked on a heater box), but I think there are some metal clips that slid over the lip of both the heater box outlet and the defroster part in the dash. The had some sort of tooth or seration that would hold the hose on.

I had the same problem with the original hoses until I discovered this clip was missing. I don't know if they would work with the aftermarket hose.

PS It was nice to finally meet you face to face at the race track. Too bad I was having an bad night and its too bad I have to drive a &*^*y race car, but I couldn't pass the opportunity to drive a race car for a season without actually owning it! Also this winter I am planning on painting my 74 duster and getting it ready for a summer of driving it next year, so I'll be back in the duster world again!

I think the clips are still on the vents just not on the box the drivers side cheapo duct always falls off the vent and its not fun to get at.

You need to get some pictures of your various projects posted too.

As far as rust buckets in junkyards go its HARD to even find a 4 door dart I scammed a few peices of a trashed 73' scamp 2 door with no trunk floor left but they show up in ones and twos.

I am having a tough time finding a good tailight for a friends 84 ramcharger even.

As well as a driveshaft for my own car.

I heard that there is a shop vac hose for craftsman that fits. Don't know this for fact but I'll soon be findig out cause I need a pair too.

I ordered one from the local napa dealer. It won't be in till Friday, I'll get the part # then and post it. It's 2 7/8" on the large end and 2" I think on the small end....22" long. Oh yeah...the most important part...it's 8 bucks here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back