dealer gouging on hellcats

-
I'm sure this kind of thing was happening when the PT Cruiser started to trickle in to the dealers, of course not so ridiculously marked up. But you know a few were sold over MSRP.

That happened with the PT Cruiser, the Prowler, The Viper, The New Camaro, the new Mustang Cobras, the Ram SRT10's, and so many others.

It's gouging, plain and simple, and while the dealer is allowed to add any mark up they wish, it isn't good for the product, or the factory's reputation, either. To say nothing of the collector car market.

The pic in the OP is completely ridiculous.

actually hellcats look awesome. and of the GT , Z28 & Hellcat, only the mopar is street friendly and has a back seat that is actually useable and comfortable. the new stang if you are 5'8" or higher you have to lean forward with your head against the glass if you sit in back.
new stang also looks like an audi or somethin.
the $75k camaro Z28 is basically a race car made for track. truck suspension.

attachment.php

well said moparlover , the ex sold chivy`s in Lansing and they only got 1 corvette a year at PresKool , think that went for sticker ? the dealer here is taking orders at sticker so just shop around , a lot of dealers are using them to lure new buyers including faithful Chryco buyers from other dealerships and are smart enough to sell to you at sticker , hell they can make the extra on the jacket , hat and Tshirts your gonna buy to go with it .

I think they (all the new Challengers) could have used some sort of contour line on the sides. They do have a slab sided look compared to the competition.

For example, look what the coves on the sides of the new chargers did for that body. It was a big improvement. Much more interesting.

Anybody else think they are just drumming up interest and driving away broke tire kickers ? There used to be a music shop in Toronto with a block and hammer on the wall that had a price tag of 90k yep lots of people stopped to ask .

That's coming pretty close to Ferrari prices and I'm sorry fellas but I would pay a few more grand and have a Ferrari!

For that kind of money I could have at least four sweet A-bodies that will hold their value much better than that Challenger. :)

actually hellcats look awesome. and of the GT , Z28 & Hellcat, only the mopar is street friendly and has a back seat that is actually useable and comfortable. the new stang if you are 5'8" or higher you have to lean forward with your head against the glass if you sit in back.
new stang also looks like an audi or somethin.
the $75k camaro Z28 is basically a race car made for track. truck suspension.

attachment.php

I agree. The Challenger does the 'modern-retro' look better than anyone else. It's not perfect, of course, but I doubt we will see anything else come closer. I am a fan of the late models, enough so I bought a new 2012 Rallye Redline when they came out.

Unless I win the lottery bigtime I will never be able to afford a Hellcat but I'm glad to see Mopar build it and glad there are those who can afford it.
Dallas

I am going to wait to get one ... or buy one that has VERY Low miles that another purchases and takes the hit after depreciation .... JUST like every other MOPAR....
EX: a friend bought a 392 Challenger SRT with rare green color .... bought for 45 000 .. going to sell to me for 30 000...

A 2.5x premium over sticker. LMAO

Oh wait it was a mistake... not likely. Now trying to cover it from a PR perspective.
http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1095815_lies-there-is-no-212000-dodge-challenger-srt-hellcat

This is the best comment after the article.

That's actually a complete load of bullshit, they're back pedaling because they didn't expect repercussions. Members of both Mopar360 and SD Mopar have seen the vehicle and talked to the sales staff regarding the vehicle in question, one guy was told point blank that they had already turned down an offer for $30k over MSRP with the intention of genuinely selling it for their ludicrous price. Now they'll just bury it with PR and nobody will force them to own up to their actions.

Ra ra ra....bo ho bo ho....ha ha ha ha...wonder how many of these things can be built for that kind of $$...[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgGgShB1iHQ"]3-22-14 9.68@145mph first pass on fairmont 3.0 - YouTube[/ame]

Last thing I seen on the Fairmont is it is heading into the 8's. Have asked this before....in todays world of forced induction why is anybody even remotely impressed with only 700 hp out of a 6.2 liter motor. Seriously now, Kawasaki has a 1 liter inline 4 that is in the 300+hp range....a 1 liter....

Ra ra ra....bo ho bo ho....ha ha ha ha...wonder how many of these things can be built for that kind of $$...

Last thing I seen on the Fairmont is it is heading into the 8's. Have asked this before....in todays world of forced induction why is anybody even remotely impressed with only 700 hp out of a 6.2 liter motor. Seriously now, Kawasaki has a 1 liter inline 4 that is in the 300+hp range....a 1 liter....

All right since you asked...as you well know, you are comparing apples to oranges, a factory stock new car to a modified old one. (And a bike to a car.) There are lots of parameters to meet when manufacturing and selling new cars. I'm sure the 700 hp rating is the 'safe' rating for the 6.2 and it's capable of much more with modification.

The Fairmont is impressive for it's out of the box thinking, quick quarter mile times, and sleeper image. However let's take the mongrel Ford and subject it and the engine to new car durability testing...all the dyno pulls, the thermal testing, emissions compliance testing, fuel economy testing, the nvh testing, crash and safety tests, etc, etc, etc. Make it pass all the factory tests, load it up with all the conveniences new car buyers want, and get back to me with the hp numbers and quarter mile times. Oh yeah, let me know how much you will have to sell it for to make a profit.....and don't forget the warranty!
Dallas

All right since you asked...as you well know, you are comparing apples to oranges, a factory stock new car to a modified old one. (And a bike to a car.) There are lots of parameters to meet when manufacturing and selling new cars. I'm sure the 700 hp rating is the 'safe' rating for the 6.2 and it's capable of much more with modification.

The Fairmont is impressive for it's out of the box thinking, quick quarter mile times, and sleeper image. However let's take the mongrel Ford and subject it and the engine to new car durability testing...all the dyno pulls, the thermal testing, emissions compliance testing, fuel economy testing, the nvh testing, crash and safety tests, etc, etc, etc. Make it pass all the factory tests, load it up with all the conveniences new car buyers want, and get back to me with the hp numbers and quarter mile times. Oh yeah, let me know how much you will have to sell it for to make a profit.....and don't forget the warranty!
Dallas
Well put Dallas. I wouldn't be caught dead driving a Fairmont. Yea its fast, but in the end it is still a Fairmont, and shouldn't even be in the same conversation as a Hellcat. Nice try Ink.

Back in 2008, the local Dodge dealer wanted $15,000 on top of the window sticker for the new Challenger SRT8 in the showroom. So for around $55,000 +taxes, I could be the proud owner of the new Challenger. I looked around and bought my first new Ford ever. I still have it, a 2008 Mustang Bullitt and love it. And after driving a 2014 Challenger R/T automatic this past summer, I know I made the right decission.

-
Back