Dealer Where Your Mopar Was Sold

-

Dannydart340

Reaction score
Does anyone out there know of a way to track down the dealership where a particular Mopar was originally sold?

260450616292_1_0_1.jpg

The dealer code.
It is on the IBM build card, it you have a 67 or under and you sent $45 to Chrysler.
It is written on the glovebox door card, with the delivery date as well.
It may be on the build sheet, I don't have one so I am not sure.
Chrysler Historical Services has a list of dealer codes and the corresponding dealership.

What year is your car?

As far as I know. On the 70's cars, there is no way to tell unless you can find the orig owner. I have seen it written on the owners manual too.

Original owner and the markings on the core support sticker (if it is still there and they bothered to mark it).

http://www.tacomadodge.com/

May 23rd 1973 the day it left the dealer and it still has the original licence plate frames.

mine was in the owners manual and the Certicard under the hood

When I last checked it was still in business. With the shake up and dealer drop outs last year should check again and then see if the original owner is still living.

I had a 68 Dart Convertible parts car (Boston) and my 67 dart convertible. I was surprised that both cars came out of Mass.

My 65 GT convertible was originally sold at Albany NY Dodge (sticker in the glove box and confirmed through Chrysler Historical). My 65 Barracuda was sold in Lubbock Tx according to Chrysler Historical. Haven't check on my wagon or Signet convert but suspect the wagon was sold in the LA area since I got it from a guy in LA plus it had the CA emissions on it.

Thanks for all the great replies, I will be checking all the suggested areas tomorrow. My Dart is a 1970 Swinger 340 and I know it was originally purchased in the Boston area, then bought by someone in Ohio, then ended up back in the Boston area, I bought it and it now lives in Rhode Island which is probably only about 45 minutes from where it was originally purchased.

Mine was sold new out of Kalamazoo from H.J. Cooper Dodge which has long since been gone. I still live in Kalamazoo so the car has always remained in the town in which it was delivered to from the factory.

My Duster was sold from Harbor Chrysler Plymouth of Fall River Massachusetts. Long Since Closed Down, :-( Now a Furd Dealership.

Clyde C. Netzley Chrysler Plymouth, Naperville, Illinois.
Started as a bicycle shop in 1915, added AMC in the later years.
Closed in 1980.

371186962_6ec0d5a345.jpg

Good thread. Is there a list of old mopar dealerships anywhere? I know where mine was sold new but can't find any record of the dealership existing. Dealership was originally in Canadaigua, NY.

My 67 Dodge Dart GTS was sold at Citizens Motors Company in Chattanooga, Tenn. Probably a long closed dealership. Anybody got any info on the place?
I got the info from Chrysler Historical. Nice service overall but the card they send you from microfilm is impossible to decifer.

How about an emblem or sticker on the back of the car? I've seen a lot of them on there, it's worth a look. I've tracked a few that way.

The dealer code is listed on the window sticker for my 72...just under the SO NO. in this case, 23663 Swartzwalds Chrysler Plymouth,Alexandria Mn.

100_1684.jpg

e72duster-plate.jpg

I have a pic of the dealership with a write up from 1961,opening year but it is saved in a acrobat adobe file and I can't seem to post it here :( I was able to obtain it from the local Alexandria Historical Society..even got a pic of ole Ed Swartzwald himself.....D

-
Back