Deals can still be had.

-

jw97neon

Reaction score
I wanted to share my find from today. I am stoked. I already have 6.4 bge but I am planning on 1500 plus hp. A spare block is needed. Found this engine locally for 300 bucks. I jumped on it right a way. The last picture is the car it will end up in.

IMG_8165.jpeg

IMG_8167.jpeg

IMG_8166.jpeg

IMG_8169.jpeg

IMG_8170.jpeg

IMG_7804.jpeg

Broken ring land?
Yes but no scoring in the cylinder. Crazy to think. A hone is all it will need. Minor repair to the head if I choice too and all will be great. I really only needed the block. The rest is a bonus.

Good deal for sure! Yes good deals can still be found. I bought an running/driving 08 jeep commander w/5.7 a few months ago $200

I like when people post what they paid for things.
It gives some hope for the ones that think everything is out of their reach.

I paid 500 bucks for a nice 5.9 delivered to my house, and 125 for a guaranteed 42RH overdrive with the converter and 7290 driveshaft yoke.

Just the yoke can cost more than 125 if you shop the wrong places.

Nice find!

There’s a free 360 shortblock on craigslist right now that the owner dropped one of the new pistons for so it needs a piston. I thought about it but don’t need to clutter the work shop anymore!

I know very little about the later Hemis. What's the BGE significance?

My understanding is the BGE block incorporated changes from the HC and standardized the 6.4 and 6.2 blocks after 2017 or so. Prior to that the HC block had improvements and was stronger than the 6.4 block.

The BGE block is kind of like an X block, same architecture but with some improvements.

Generally speaking it is a beefed-up version of the 6.4 block used in 3/4- and 1-ton trucks.

"With the advent of the 6.4L HEMI truck engines, a thicker block was cast and used across the entire engine platform (that included 392 HEMI engine-powered cars and SUVs around 2017-2018). These blocks are known as “Big Gas Engine” or BGE for short. Both “BG” and/or “BGE” will be cast on the side and/or on the back of the block. These blocks might be hard to come by if you’re looking for a used 6.4L/392 HEMI engine, but their high nickel content, superior casting and slightly shorter water jacket (which provides increased cylinder wall rigidness/strength) are a huge bonus for serious horsepower engine builds."

Last edited:
-
Back