Death at Maryland int. Raceway. 70 Duster

-
Yes, I agree. Lets leave the investigation to the professionals that are looking into the matter.... That is better than suggesting that it could have been negligence on his part... Sad story and the best going forward to his family and friends... :(

I agree but with grudge racing cars are almost never inspected. I have seen some race without helmets...

Yes very sad story. It always worries me to see 500 people on the starting line during a grudge race..

Man I cannot let my wife see this topic... She is already on me to give up grudge racing.

God bless his family....

Here is a video from a local event.. I do not attend anymore.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__IbtSYcJ4w"]Phenixcity Grudge Fest 2013 - YouTube[/ame]

definitely sucks R.I.P. last i heard helmet was still in car rollbar belts and all were still intact inside the car. Possibly and i have seen it people unstrapping get a belt stuck in the wheel all over. Sucks hopefully we can find out what happened and maybe learn/improvise so there is a less chance of it happening again

definitely sucks R.I.P. last i heard helmet was still in car rollbar belts and all were still intact inside the car. Possibly and i have seen it people unstrapping get a belt stuck in the wheel all over. Sucks hopefully we can find out what happened and maybe learn/improvise so there is a less chance of it happening again

That is exactly why I brought this up.. I always want to learn what happen so I can pay more attention when I race to make sure I do not do that. I never take my belts off or the helmet until I am on the return road out of everyone's way.

-
Back