Debating on selling my truck.

-

DaveBonds

Garage Trash
Reaction score
Ok, so I'm not exactly enthusiastic about doing this, but conditions may lead to selling one of my projects.

I'm wondering what to ask for it, as I'm sort of out of touch with values on these and considering that this is a project, any input is welcome.

What is it?

1972 D100 Adventurer SE long bed, 2wd.
360/ 727/ 8 3/4" 3.23 open
Factory A/C, Cruise Control, P/S Power Disc brakes
other options;
Sliding rear window, headliner, map light, factory clock & rallye gauges (I have a factory tach that can replace the clock), woodgrain interior SE trim, brocade cloth bench seat, night/day mirror, sport mirror package (smaller mirrors, same as Red Express), cargo dome lamp, AM radio, blue carpetting, rare SE molded/ contoured door panels and factory air shocks.

It's a spring special medium, non metallic blue that is really rare/ white roof/ 2 tone body sides, woodgrain tailgate insert w/Dodge cursive badge rather than the embossed gate and woodgrain 3" trim up and over wheelwells, splitting the blue/ white.

If I do go through with selling, I'll get pics.

I have most of the parts for the truck, sans cylinder heads and random hardware. I spent years collecting good trim and have all of it.

The front end is off of the truck, it's been living in a garage for about ten years, collecting dust. I have spare glass, new weatherstrip in boxes, new taillight lenses, new turn signal lenses ('74 model year/ clear), Front suspension is not assembled, but has been blasted, painted and new bushings, joints are installed on the arms, front of frame, firewall forward has also been cleaned up and painted for install.

The paint is all original and is in need of stripping/ repainting, but there is no serious rust. I fixed the rust in the bedsides correctly.

The truck is as straight as they come. No accidents. I was surprised at how straight it was when I bought it, years ago.

The transmission is finished, waiting to go in. TCI and Raybestos parts, Stage I shift kit, stock stall converter. The 360 has been bored/ honed .040", crank turned .010/.010" I think I have the pistons. I don't have heads, but I have an M1 4bbl dual plane that is new and a 4966S Carter AVS rebuilt and converted to electronic choke from Edelbrock 1406 parts/ linkages. So it has the larger accel pump bore and should run like the Edelbrock AVS. It's rebuilt and ready for jetting/ install.

The rear springs are perfect, thanks to the air shocks. I think it was a camper truck for it's life. The tailgate is in excellent shape/ latch is great, bed looks great. I restored the woodgrain dash cluster with the tach currently in place of the clock, I have a black plastic second cluster w/ bezel that is also restored for spares. Polished the gauge lenses, painted needles, tested gauges, etc.

This thing, while I know it's not a muscle car of sorts, would make an awesome truck for all intended purposes. I really don't know if I should try and move the truck to store it and finish it, part it out, or let it go to someone with the mind set to restore it. It's a very rare option list and a very cool one at that.

It has a clean title and an extra grille (maybe two extra, correct 1972/1973 only grille) both of the ones that I have are driver condition, but could be restored. No crazy damage on them. I also have another 2nd set of taillight lenses.

I know that I'd likely make more in parting it out, but that doesn't seem like the right thing to do with this particular truck, considering how straight it is, the clean title and it's option list with the 1st year 360. The engine is #'s matching '71 date coded. Original cylinder heads were gone before I owned it.

I also managed to keep all of the receipts for new parts, got a factory sales brochure and found a super rare and complete 1/25 model kit of the truck, down to the SE trim, that I've never seen another one of, that I was planning on painting with the same color. I have the paint codes as well as Glasurit chip conversion numbers.

Again, any ideas on prices for these trucks in project condition with new stuff included, any ideas on whether or not to keep it together or keep it at all, etc, are all welcome.

Thanks for reading and any input.

Dave

I haven't got any that are current (it's in pieces, in a garage) but this is the truck;

72Truck_zps1e56bdb8.jpeg

Those are the wrong mirrors. Wipers are also incorrect, I have the right ones.

!B3b64Hg!Wk~$(KGrHqYOKjQEyT+JrE!(BMmOIGW1ug~~_3.JPG

I spent quite some time searching for a first year. Found this one on accident and it happened to be an A/C Cruise Control with a factory 360, so I picked it up with the intention of restoring it.

I've figured out a way to set this thing on the back burner until I can get my hands on it. Other cars are in line, first.

I'm still interested in anyone's thoughts on this debate; Bail vs restore.

I think I have some time to make the decision, but I have to put some of it together to get it moved.

Did you hear about the redneck that sold his truck for gas money???

Yes! That is the first year for that body style, and might I say I like these :cheers:

Try and find another one not rusted to the ground . :thumblef:

Dave, that would fit nicely on the car show circuit in this province...yu don't see many around anymore..

That looks very nice all in one piece. Hang on to it if you can. It sounds like you have a lot of quality work into it, and to sell it in pieces would net you pennies in the dollar. I've been there. :(

-
Back