Not open for further replies.

vames

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Contact seller
As far as I can tell, the “SPECIAL” fender emblem for Swinger Specials are not reproduced, and most original ones are badly faded. Mine looked awful, so I designed and printed a high quality sticker that comes very close to the original and sticks onto the original emblem frame. It turned out quite well and seems super durable.

I now have 20 extra which I would like to offer up to this group for $10/set delivered USPS Priority within the US. (If outside the US, reach out to discuss shipping price).

These are printed on high quality UV-resistant vinyl by a company that makes asset tags for outdoor equipment. The background is a similar dull silver as the original and lettering is black.

They need to be trimmed around the edges to fit. For my emblem, I cut it down to 85mm x 15mm and it fit perfectly. The uncut size of the sticker is 89mm x 25mm.

The red car is mine - before and after. The brown car is an image of an original one that I pulled off the web.
C798E237-F2E3-4759-A5B4-E3FA1C64E677.jpeg

5789BB00-B6C5-42C8-9B46-1152E8848709.jpeg

E60E6FD7-78EF-4E06-AB3A-075288577E3A.jpeg

Special 2.PNG

82229D8A-A15F-47B7-8B90-7F909FA3588B.jpeg

Last edited:
I updated the post -- I meant to say $10/set of 2.
If interested, please send me a PM

I just sent out a few sets and responded with tracking# to those of you who bought these.

As mentioned, the stickers will need to be cut to size. Here's what I suggest:
  1. Measure the recessed area inside the frame of the old emblem -- mine was 85mm x 15 mm.
  2. I cut using a ruler and exacto knife.
  3. Once cut, I was able to test fit (with the backing still on). To get it perfect, I think I shaved off 1/2mm from one of the sides.
  4. As seen in the pictures, there's a slight "ghost" relief of the old lettering that shows through the new sticker. To avoid that, I would suggest using some very fine sandpaper to smooth the surface of the before applying the sticker.
  5. Clean the surface with alcohol, remove the backing and carefully stick it on.
Please post a photo on this thread and let me know how it looks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back