deciding build sheet and tags

-

7duster4

Reaction score
Last night we found the build sheet beneath the springs on my back seat. Very fragile and brittle as I expected. Does anyone know what these numbers mean? For example "road wheels" has a number 84 typed beneath it. It has to mean something. Also tied to the springs were these two tags with the exact same number stamped on each of them. But I have no clue what they mean or what they were for. It's a 1974 plymouth duster with its original 318 and trans. Im sure someone here has some answers as to decoding a build sheet. Any info is appreciated, thanks.

DSCF4781.jpg

DSCF4783.jpg

thats cool to be the 1st to find em there cud be more have u checked,, taped to glove box, under carpet, under front seats (in the springs like rear), in seat backs if ur car has buckets..

Thanks for the info. Nothing else was found. Beneath all seats, carpet, dash showed nothing of interest. I was always hoping I would find the build sheet and it was in the last piece taken out.

I believe the 1284 on the end of the bottom row of the seat tags is the build date...128th day of '74.

Someone here will correct me if I'm wrong.......

Very gently place the sheet in a plastic sleeve to protect it from further damage and then get somebody to digitally scan it.
The codes are basically the last 1 or 2 #s of the part number.

Good find.

Thanks for the info. Nothing else was found. Beneath all seats, carpet, dash showed nothing of interest. I was always hoping I would find the build sheet and it was in the last piece taken out.

I googled "decoding mopar build sheets" and came up with that. There are a few more mopar decoding sites listed so try googling it.

-
Back