Deck lid

-

Duster2022!

Reaction score
I am hearing that late 71 Demons got the rib down the center of the deck lid.
I am building a 71 and can’t decide if I should go with the crease or the flat deck lid. I have both and want to know what is more desirable before I paint it. Any thoughts?

It’s what YOU want, not what other people want. If you plan your car on what you think others like then you will not have any fun. And my 1972 has the rib.

temp-APgrPflylmaj7sZ3aIx2KCrtx9uvg4W_wizcfP_PPP_yQuefkUDTNVPfXn5vBBZCZMh9gxKhwAFH1KDR4BKJLQs.jpeg

What I heard..................They added the rib because the lid's center was a weak spot. When you close it, the latch could cause tension if not adjusted properly. That being said, I personally like the non ribbed ones. That's what I have on my '71 Demon.

My 72 as shown above has the rib. 11/71 build date. I like it because I plan on installing my DC rear duck bill spoiler I bought quiet a few years back it has a notch for the rib. The smooth style looks good with the full wing. Again- owner’s preference.

11-71 build date I would think that’s a 71 not a 72 then. But you have the 72 marker lights

I seen a 71 build date if 10-71 with the rob in the decklid, I guess Dodge just put whatever they wanted in during those years

I am hearing that late 71 Demons got the rib down the center of the deck lid.
I am building a 71 and can’t decide if I should go with the crease or the flat deck lid. I have both and want to know what is more desirable before I paint it. Any thoughts?
So, by your own info, if your car is late production, it should get the rib. Early production, put the flat lid on it. "Desireability" often correlates to correctness rather than personal preference.
Model year production changed over in August/Sepember so dealers could have the new models on hand in Sept./Oct.

I just want to know what’s correct! I bought car with deck lid on it already.
Build date was 10-71 so maybe owner had issue and put a ribbed deck lid on it?
I am just trying to find out what is correct

So, by your own info, if your car is late production, it should get the rib. Early production, put the flat lid on it. "Desireability" often correlates to correctness rather than personal preference.
Model year production changed over in August/Sepember so dealers could have the new models on hand in Sept./Oct.
So if my build date is 10-71 which decklid should I have? Rib or no rib?

I just want to know what’s correct! I bought car with deck lid on it already.
Build date was 10-71 so maybe owner had issue and put a ribbed deck lid on it?
I am just trying to find out what is correct
That wasn't what you asked- you asked about "desirability":
I am building a 71 and can’t decide if I should go with the crease or the flat deck lid. I have both and want to know what is more desirable before I paint it.
So if my build date is 10-71 which decklid should I have? Rib or no rib?
A 10/71 build dates indicates you have a '72 model year vehicle. So by your information it should have the rib.

That wasn't what you asked- you asked about "desirability".

A 10/71 build dates indicates you have a '72 model year vehicle. So by your information it should have the rib.
OK so I typed the wrong word I am trying to figure out what is correct

Can I ask what the issue is?
I showed you the photo of the car with the 71 marker lights and the rib on the hood, if you can’t answer the question I understand. All I know is what I know. The title says 71 and if he put the wrong decklid on it so be it. I am just trying to find out what is correct? I have sent Graveyard cars a message also , maybe they can answer it

I can and have answered it, and have done so according to the information you supplied. But depending on your source for the production date, and the model year on the VIN, you have some considerable inconsistencies- something's not right in Russia.

I will let you know if Graveyard replies.
I have also received 5 messages on another forum that they did install ribbed decklid on late builds of 71.
So if that’s true why does the car have 71 marker lights, and 71 dart fenders but have the rib on the decklid. apparently no one knows for sure. I will pray that graveyards cars replies

I can and have answered it, and have done so according to the information you supplied. But depending on your source for the production date, and the model year on the VIN, you have some considerable inconsistencies- something's not right in Russia.
IMG_9276.png

IMG_9276.png

-
Back