Decoding the Build sheet

-

bthieson

Reaction score
I've searched and searched trying to find out how to decode my build sheet, but I have yet to find what I'm looking for. I own a 1972 Duster with a slant six. If you know a good website for decoding, please let me know.

Thanks a lot. That will definately help out. After looking through I realized the original paint color isn't on there. I figured it might have been. Do you have any idea how to figure out what the original color would have been?

if you have the fender tag codes it will be there also. what is the code for it, or do you know? if you have the build sheet. it will list it there also. if you can find it i can tell you what you need to know about it that you haven't already found out.....

my.php

I was able to decode everything on the sheet that was Letter number, but there are numbers that don't follow that convention. If you know what everything on there means I would definately appreciate it.

the first vx? in the left hand corner i suspect is v3x or v4x. v3x is for white vynal top, and v4x is for black. either of these right?...second line in the far left i suspect is gy8 again. printing on the tag is a little unclear in the left side, like it wasn't stamped as hard. if this is gy8 then this is the car color which is gold leaf metallic. so how does this compair to your car?

Holy crap that's awesome. How did you decode it like that. Half the info there isn't on that site you mentioned. I'm so glad to read that. We weren't sure if the car was original color or not, but it definately is. Thanks a ton.

there is a v6x which is a black stipe. other than that i still think it is for vynal top. look on your build sheet and see if you can find the code v6x or v4x. it will list the code on there somewhere.....i will look to try to tell you where to find it...

if you have the build sheet handy look on line 2. it will be in the far right hand side. the codes from right to left will be there for striping, then roof color.. the number on the fender tag in the far right hand corner that says "32" is the inspector's number who inspected the car when it was built.

It doesn't have any striping or anything like that. I'm actually about an hour away from the car for the next two weeks now. I was there all weekend so I took the picture while I was there. Thanks a ton though.

well if you get more info let me know. i will check back. i guess at this point the build sheet will hold the answers.

They only have that information for the model years 1967 & earlier.

Post a pic of your build sheets here, I'll decode em for you!! Or better yet, get yourself a set of Galens White Books, they have all of the information that you need to decide Fender tags, build sheets, Certicards, and 10,000 day calendars! Also gives production breakdowns and other useful info!!

-
Back