Defaced my Dart today

-

1969dodgedartgt

Reaction score
what do you think I kinda feel bad about doing it but I like..

like or no, GTGrinly and his finely made custom bumper sticker is partly to blame.
I kinda think it would go better on the black trunk gaurd but it should be easiest to remove from the bumper

oh yeah, I am a running advocate

Attachments

• IMG_2810.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 314
  • IMG_2811.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 321
Obviously, you could be worse off............................
And you never want to put a bumper sticker on paint.

NOCASH.jpg

REMEMBER YOU ASKED!!!!
ANY kind of "statement" bumper stickers are fine for the daily drivers( if thats your thing)...on a classic they just look like ****, they seriously detract from the "look"......and WHY would you spend that much money to buy or restore chrome and then put crap on it?

Frankly I dont like ANY bumper stickers period. on any car....YOU wanna make a statement? GO VOTE!!! I hated those idiotic yellow & black "warning diamonds" a few years back...."Doctor on board" "sign toting idiot on board" and before that it was the disgusting CROWN air fresheners..... you like to RUN? put on your shorts & shoes and go RUN....NO ONE ELSE CARES!! Statement Stickers are dangerously close to adhesive tape on glasses and a "nerd pack" in your pocket !!!

Now go take that crap off your classic before you ruin the chrome!!!!

MHO

Nothing wrong with making a personal statement on your car. I prefer to have my own made at a vinyl shop so I just have the words, not the surrounding sticker. I prefer to mount them in the back glass, but hey..it's your car, and your message!! Running advocate? or Runner?

I'm 6'1 265, 46 years old and my bests are 26:05 5k, 54:11 10K, 2:05 HM, 4:42 Marathon, and 76 miles in a 24 hour event.

I agree with 66Cuda.

You could have accomplished the same thing by having a license plate frame custom made that says the same thing, or even just a rear window decal. Hopefully, you'll grow sick of that thing and take it off before it gets caked on that bumper.

If thats your thing than keep it, its your car after all.
I PERSONALLY am not a fan of bumper stickers,more so on a classic.

I will leave the bumper stickers to those who want to promote their religion or what presidential candidate they stand behind lol.

I however DO think that window decals can be done tastefully and can easily be removed if you ever decide you don't want it anymore and they will not cause harm to the glass over a period of time that they are applied like you might find by placing a sticker on a bumper or on paint.

if you end up wanting to go the decal on glass route let me know and maybe we can work something out ( I make custom vinyl graphics ).

haha,
yes I run. Its meant to be a statement about the car as much as one about me. I havent got the the marthon distance yet. 15miles is my longest. I've got 2 1/2 marthons under my belt, one done on the spur of the moment. (what where my times.??? only like 8:34 mile avg) Guess im more of a runner than an advocate, but I do both

I was hoping that it wouldnt ruin my chrome, ignorant optimism ?

maybe I will go remove it, I'm not a big fan of bumper stickers and I do like the clean look. I've been holding on to the sticker for sometime without putting it on. I tried to look into removable custom bumper stickers but didnt like the websites I was finding, they all were for bulk.
maybe I'll go remove it.... bought a couple of the same one if I decide to stick elsewhere.

:tongue2:

well came off easy enough....

p.s. I just noticed I"m missing a screw back there in the right tail light. This is the second time I learned something just buy posting pictures on FABO and simply looking at the pictures (weird)

haha,
yes I run. Its meant to be a statement about the car as much as one about me. I havent got the the marthon distance yet. 15miles is my longest. I've got 2 1/2 marthons under my belt, one done on the spur of the moment. (what where my times.??? only like 8:34 mile avg) Guess im more of a runner than an advocate, but I do both

I was hoping that it wouldnt ruin my chrome, ignorant optimism ?

maybe I will go remove it, I'm not a big fan of bumper stickers and I do like the clean look. I've been holding on to the sticker for sometime without putting it on. I tried to look into removable custom bumper stickers but didnt like the websites I was finding, they all were for bulk.
maybe I'll go remove it.... bought a couple of the same one if I decide to stick elsewhere.

:tongue2:

well came off easy enough....

p.s. I just noticed I"m missing a screw back there in the right tail light. This is the second time I learned something just buy posting pictures on FABO and simply looking at the pictures (weird)

YEP lower left clear as day Missing screw....wasn't trying to jump in your stuff.... But take a peak at yellow dart Daves picture of the sticker on his truck.....NOW that is a daily driver no doubt BUT once that adhesive begins to harden and "laminate" you run the risk of pulling chrome directly off!!! True it is a RISK and not a definite....but who wants to take that chance? new rechromes are around $400....... IF you MUST...ON the glass is the way to go and use just the letters like moparkid says....... the adhesive will not de-laminate the glass and 3M part number- 051135-08984 gen purpose adhesive cleaner will take it off no problem whenever you desire. the 3M product is available at most any automotive paint supply store....
Good luck

-
Back