Definately not A-Body/New Ram HO problems

-

charliec

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Maybe too far off from A-body to make this message board, but my son posted this video of his problems with a new Ram HO. Any input from knowlegable parties or similar experience would be appreciated.

I have an 05 Ram and the EGR went out at about 40,000 miles and I got a check engine lite. I replaced it and no problem with 50,000 more miles. I think the problem is these new vehicles are too complicated to fix. All inputs go into a computer or computers and there lies the problem. The 05 doesn't have all the fancy electronic gizmo's that break down and can't be fixed. That Lady that speaks to you is just a PR person, like the problem writer at the dealers. They really aren't mechanics but BS artists to say they'll fix the problem when they have no expertise. I hope you get this resolved to your satisfaction with the Truck repaired correctly and reimbursed for the aggravation you've been subjected to. Maybe think of unloading it, it might just be one of those Monday or Friday deals when the line is working at 100% yet and nothing can help.

What difference does it make which engine it has?

6.7 Cummins
That's what I thought. Have him keep a close eye on what was "fixed", there can be more to this, that wasn't even looked at/addressed

20221116_091626.jpg

I know Cummins has been building Diesels for ever, but they did a **** job with the crate Hemi's back in 2000. As usual Mopar was looking to save money and have them built quick, where quality took a back seat. They took mine back and sent me a new one about a month later.

-
Back