Defroster Hose Removal

-

moparsince60

Reaction score
I worked in Chrysler Dealer Parts Departments off and on since the 1970's. And I'll admit, I'm not very mechanically inclined. But I do know where things go. I need to know how to get the defroster hoses unhooked from the dash vents on my 1971 Demon 340. They're clipped on a certain way and I can't figure out how to remove them. Thank you everyone.

they are held on/up with a type of push/lock clip a slight squeeze and pull opposite of the clips usually does it

2016-11-24 defrost clip 001.JPG

2016-11-24 defrost clip 011.JPG

very carefully pull down on the metal spiral ring above the clip or you will rip the hose. Years back I repaired the ripped hoses with With RC airplane wing paper and Dope. cover the rip just like covering the wings on the plane.

very carefully pull down on the metal spiral ring above the clip or you will rip the hose. Years back I repaired the ripped hoses with With RC airplane wing paper and Dope. cover the rip just like covering the wings on the plane.
flex seal tape/clear/black love that stuff...it takes duct tape back to school!!!!

-
Back