Defroster hose

-

Robco1

Reaction score
I have a 67 Barracuda whith two front defroster hoses that are falling apart. The driver's side inlet is 2-1/4" in diameter and the outlet (attaches to defroster vent) is 2-1/2" in diameter. The passenger's side inlet is 2" and outlet is 2-1/2" in diameter.

Does anyone know where i can locate hose either direct replacement or something that might work?

I have looked through Year One and Paddock with no luck.

Thanks.

Never mind:) I found a previous thread on Defroster Hoses (tubes) and they recommended Nostalgic Air Parts. I checked them out and ordered enough hose for two sets for under $20 with free shipping.

Thanks.

Great Find! I bought a used pair off of ebag for way to much money.

Never mind:) I found a previous thread on Defroster Hoses (tubes) and they recommended Nostalgic Air Parts. I checked them out and ordered enough hose for two sets for under $20 with free shipping.

Thanks.

Do you use 2-1/2" for both and squeeze it down at the vents?

You buy a 2" and a 2.5" diameter piece of hose and one of these reducer/adaptors from them.

Attach a piece of 2.5” directly to one of the ducts in the dash. Then attached a short piece of 2.5” hose to the other duct, followed by the reducer, and then the length of 2” hose. The 2.5" hose will fit the 2.25" outlet on the heater with enough interference to not fall off.

hoseadaptorimg.jpg

backofdashimg.jpg

You buy a 2" and a 2.5" diameter piece of hose and one of these reducer/adaptors from them.

Attach a piece of 2.5” directly to one of the ducts in the dash. Then attached a short piece of 2.5” hose to the other duct, followed by the reducer, and then the length of 2” hose. The 2.5" hose will fit the 2.25" outlet on the heater with enough interference to not fall off.

Thanks!

-
Back