defroster hoses

-
I bought the Detroit Muscle set and I will be darn if I can get the hose pushed on the drivers side outlet, barely any room for your hand that is now scratched up. Frustrating it is.
I just happened to have the radio out which made it a little easier but still got scratched up a bit.

Radio, glove box liner, instrument cluster, even the ashtray assembly out, lots of room then, and you can see what you're doing!

Duct tape works wonders on these hoses. I use the black stuff so it is more "authentic".

Vent end is the big end.

Some people have sized the hoses to the heater box and just put the other end inside the dash vent.

Alan

This is what I did. Can't tell a bit of difference in the airflow either.

The vent should have one of those little metal clips on it and that holds the hose in place once you push it up in there. No need for tape or clamps. Its held up in my Duster for 20 years now.

AC hoses on the "inlet" end have unique plastic clips that I've never seen repopped. An inlet end on one hose is oval, cant remember if 2nd hose is as well.

Last edited:
I bought the hose at local parts store, A zone, then found pvc pipe adapters at H depot,for the vents. They fit perfectly snug on the vents.
I noticed you could see the white looking through the windshield, took em back out and painted black. Done. It`s been a couple decades, holding up fine.

-
Back