[FOR SALE] Demon/Dart hood and NOS dual snorkel scoop

-

69GT

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Contact seller
For sale is a 72 Demon/Dart hood and an NOS 73-74 style dual snorkel scoop. I bought this for my 70 Dart but I have decided to sell it as I could use the money for parts for my 69 Dart project. The hood was a base Demon hood with the holes for the scoop added as well as holes for hood pins. The hood was pretty straight when I got it but it had several layers of paint on it so my paint guy suggested I have it media blasted (cost me $125) so it won't need to be blasted in the future. When I got it back from the blaster, it was no longer completely smooth as they must have not blasted it the proper way. So now it has some very shallow impressions in it that correspond to the areas in between the support structure on the underside (I hope this makes sense). Anyway, my painter put on a coat of epoxy primer for the time being to keep it from rusting. So it does need a skim coat of filler in certain areas. Also, whoever drilled the holes for the scoop studs made them oval shaped apparently to get the studs to all drop through the hood easier. The scoop is NOS which I bought many years ago. It is the later style that has the rise in the center of the bottom to clear the center ridge of the later hoods. I have the original studs for it but I don't have the original nuts. I am including a new can of body filler with hardener I bought to smooth out the impressions. Asking $875 or best offer. The scoop is not for sale separately. No shipping. Local pickup only in the Detroit area.

Hood and Scoop.JPG

Hood and Scoop2.JPG

Hood and Scoop5.JPG

Hood and Scoop7.JPG

-
Back