Demon dash rebuild

-

Coyote Jack

Member #55, I'm old
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
After years of adding gauges and cutting holes for them in my dash I decided to rebuild the whole thing. I mean it was ugly. I started last year with a conversion to an Intellitronix digital dash. This spring I decided to recover my dash pad. I'm cheap and didn't want to pay the $500 to $1000 for a new one. I also picked up the woodgrain panels for the center area and glove box. I am not 100% done as I have to adjust the glove box door and finish the edges of the radio area but it is good enough for now. I also removed the heater controls and made a custom heater delete plate. The dash pad was a pain in the *** but ended up looking pretty good. I used 4 way stretch marine vinyl sheet and Permatix heavy duty spray glue that is good to 177 degrees F. If I did it again I would look for 360 degree 4 way stretch vinyl. I also repainted the metal areas of the dash and doors after filling the gauge holes with fiberglass hair and bondo. Over all it took me a week and a half to complete. Although it is not perfect it is a damn site better than it used to be. I don't have any before photos but here are a few afters.

Jack

DASH001.jpg

DASH002.jpg

DASH004.jpg

DASH003.jpg

Hey Jack lotsa nice work there . OH ya i was talking to Tommy and Earric Sunday and they were asking about you and were hoping to see you again this summer .

-
Back