demon help

-

truckerlee379

71 demon
Reaction score
first off, hello everyone!! cool site, just joined today...this week i bought my first a body..1971 demon. pictures will be posted( as soon as my kid teaches me how) knew we had them for a reason...first question...is there a special bell housing im gonna need to make this a big block 4 speed car..i have a good 383 from a cuda i parted awhile ago,,,and the car came with a 4 speed,a 3 speed od alum case trans(both for a body) and a clutch arm....i just bought pedals from e bay( $100) hope that wasnt to much...kinda interested in knowing,,its ok i have big shoulders..had a six,but i also got v8 k with it..both k's have disc(gonna use the big bolt ones) the rear is gonna be a dana..if i can get the thing welded straight(mopar muscle) had a segment on it. it was free,so no worries if i mess it up.. have 2 other questions....got buckets with car,,but fron what i can tell there wrong,,are correct seats same as e body,i still have the cuda seats...also will 68 cuda dash fit,,to look like rally dash...hope this wasnt to long,,thanx in advance...

first off, hello everyone!! cool site, just joined today...this week i bought my first a body..1971 demon. pictures will be posted( as soon as my kid teaches me how) knew we had them for a reason...first question...is there a special bell housing im gonna need to make this a big block 4 speed car..i have a good 383 from a cuda i parted awhile ago,,,and the car came with a 4 speed,a 3 speed od alum case trans(both for a body) and a clutch arm....i just bought pedals from e bay( $100) hope that wasnt to much...kinda interested in knowing,,its ok i have big shoulders..had a six,but i also got v8 k with it..both k's have disc(gonna use the big bolt ones) the rear is gonna be a dana..if i can get the thing welded straight(mopar muscle) had a segment on it. it was free,so no worries if i mess it up.. have 2 other questions....got buckets with car,,but fron what i can tell there wrong,,are correct seats same as e body,i still have the cuda seats...also will 68 cuda dash fit,,to look like rally dash...hope this wasnt to long,,thanx in advance...

Welcome to FABO

The bellhousing that came with the 383 should be OK, if you use the 4-speed that came with it. Mopar never put the OD tranny behind the B/RB engine, but a loose 4-speed is another issue entirely. Measure the front bearing on the tranny to make sure it will fit through the hole in the bellhousing.

Can't help with the seats w/o photo.

The 68 dash should fit. The problem may be electric compatibility between the 68 dash and the 72 harness. Don't know when Mopar went to ignition key on the column in the A-body. That's another difference that will need to be resolved.

-
Back