Demon Hood Stripe ?

-

Oldmanmopar

Going left turning right
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I will be getting the gold Demon back from a paint shop shortly. We will be putting the factory hood stripe back on the car. This Demon was clipped by me and then painted in 1981. We installed the factory stripe kit on the car at that time. I have pictures of a different Demon from years ago that was being tore down for paint, This car was 100% all original paint and stripes. I took pictures back then so I would have all the measurements to replace the stripe scheme. I measured everything and took over 100 pictures.

I see many hood stripes on 71 Demons. Many off the sales brochure picture . Myself included we put the hood stripes on the 71 gold demon in 1981 wrong. Here are some pictures of the orange car. This is the factory hood stripe. Notice no stripe around the perimeter.

Also The top of the bottom stripe is on the body line . The body line is the 1 inch mark on the tape. This places the stripe above the gas cap handle. Then the cap above the handle is body color only. The black on the cap was always painted. And the handle was always a tad crooked.

Never did they put the decal on the cap and Leave the handle body color as many do. Including Graveyard cars GSS. Saw a couple things they did wrong.

Picture 396.jpg

Picture 397.jpg

Picture 398.jpg

Picture 399.jpg

Picture 389.jpg

Picture 376 - Copy - Copy.jpg

Picture 373 - Copy - Copy.jpg

i11969.jpg

Couldn't get the tail stripe back then so I took a bunch of measurements to paint them on. These are very old pictures. Last picture is of another original car with the same stripe on this site.

scan0016.jpg

DSCF3030 (2).JPG

DSCF3032.JPG

DSCF3033.JPG

DSCF3034.JPG

DSCF3035.JPG

Picture 395.jpg

BE502B34-FD89-49F6-8A5A-55B6128A4838.jpeg

Great pics! I'm going to get my hood and cowl painted this year as well these pics will help. I also agree that there at least two variations the hood stripes based on the original paint cars that I have seen over the years. I'm also not sure if LA Vs. Detroit were identical either.

-
Back