Demon Idea

-

ALWX65

Reaction score
I’m sure everyone out there sometimes just sits around and thinks of a possible build if money was not a problem, notice I didn’t say money was no object. I want a car I can drive almost every day, take to the track, weather its straight line or twists and turns. You know something you can really really enjoy as often as you wanted to. So I’m sitting here thinking what A body would I do and why? Well for me it would have to be the nicest A body ever built, 71 Demon. Now I know some may not agree and that’s cool, it’s my thoughts and build. So how would I do it? Well for me it would have to have the same stance it does now but maybe, just maybe and inch or two lower. I think 18's would be the biggest tire I would want, now I know 20's or so would be a better handling car but I think they look somewhat out of place on the older cars and for me that wouldn’t work. I have to say the body and the lines work so well for me that I don’t think I would do anything like sectioning the bumpers, flush mounting the glass, drip rail removal all those types of things. Notice I said I don’t think I would. A lower front chin spoiler and the old Mopar deck lid spoiler would be a must, always liked that look. Whatever color I chose the car would go monotone which I think lends itself very well to the Demon. Ok I now have the looks I’m after, so now it’s on to the mechanicals. While most people will disagree with this, it would have to have a new 6.1 Hemi with the Kenne Bell Supercharger, backed by either a 5spd or 6 spd. The modern technology and power output for this car would be a great fit, FIT being the operative word. Yes I know it may not have the punch in the chest, lumpy cam, heart racing affect an old school small or big block would, but I think with the right choices in cams and exhaust it could come close. Now here is where my brain jumps the left field fence and goes grazing in the pasture awhile. Rear suspension ... Now some may not give this a lot of thought say go mini tubs and a good Dana and call it done but remember I’m grazing out here. Let’s do an independent rear suspension! Let’s keep the mini tubs and make this baby really ride and handle nice. Now some will say, hey didn’t you want to run that thing on the drag strip and you still want independent rear suspension? Sure why not, can’t I have what I want? Lets say we find a donor new Challenger, I’m sure some have been smacked up pretty good by now, and if I’m real lucky I got the engine and trans too. Oh hell I get the brakes and some interior stuff too. Or do we go Viper rear suspension? It will surely take any power I can throw at it right? Anyway that’s my idea with just touching on the major items and not going into great little details....

ALW

Let me introduce you to my build, Project SCUD...
Tmp00001-1.jpg

69 Dart, 5.7 Hemi (eventually built and possibly supercharged), Viper T-56 6 speed, Viper IRS and IFS, Viper brakes & ABS, wheels & tires (18x10/275/35-18 front, 19x13/345/30-19 rear), Ride Tech air suspension, only slight body mods (shaving blinkers, antenna, would like to flush the glass and shave drip rails, we'll see, rear ducktail spoiler w/ Viper third brake light built in, custom front spoiler & possibly splitter, driving/fog lights built into front bumper), full chassis with the body channeled over it, 5 inch ride height, SRT styled hood, custom interior including Viper buckets, an ISIS Electrical system with all the modern acoutrements (look it up at www.isis.com, it will blow your mind, you are day-dreaming after all), Kenwood 2-din multi-media receiver with nav & bluetoth, quality sound-system, AC, either digital gauges or custom gauges from New Vintage, Viper adjustable clutch/brake pedals, Viper remote side mirrors... The list goes on, but you get the idea.

Car will be daily driven as well as see track time (probably more road race than drag race) and will certainly hit the Autocross.

Money is an object but not a problem. I'm building my dream and taking my time doing it, buying all my parts with cash, and doing the work myself (many of these parts I already have). This is a long-term build but my goal is to have it finished in 5 years. My build started as a simple resto-mod with a built/stroked 360, RMS suspension, etc, and snowballed. I decided I was only going to "build" one car (I have WAY too many other interests than just cars), so I"m building my dream/vision the first time. See what happens when you dream? It's good to dream...

That car is absolutely beautiful and somewhat on the lines I have talked about. That being said, for me, the stance is a bit to low and the rim size to large. I love the idea of incorporating all the Viper stuff into it. That’s the cool thing about the cars we want, build, or dream about. No two will ever be the same. I will look forward to seeing this car come to life. Good luck and happy building …

Maybe I should have titled this “Build Idea” …

Anyone else want to share …. Laffs

ALW

-
Back