DEMON IS READY FOR PAINT

-
I wasn't happy so I sanded it w/ 400 & sprayed base/ clear. Ill post some pics when its done. If you thought it looked good before just wait.

Looked great before and I'm sure it will look even better. I'd love to have a straight body and a paint job even if the paint was "ok." I have more of a 20 footer paint job.

When I see all you guys doing body work and paint work I'm always impressed

I respect your decision to improve your paint job. Be careful though you get it looking too good it might be harder to let go of LOL. I am no painter but after looking at many Mopar paint jobs over the years I know the pp&g matches original Factory Sublime the best that I've ever seen. I bought my car in 78 and it still has the original paint on it so I have a pretty good idea of what Sublime should look like. A lot of different paint manufacturers have quite a bit of different shades of sublime most of them are a little too dark just my opinion.

Looked great before and I'm sure it will look even better. I'd love to have a straight body and a paint job even if the paint was "ok." I have more of a 20 footer paint job.

When I see all you guys doing body work and paint work I'm always impressed

Based on your choose profession, I can make some assumptions...
1- you probably have steady hands and a good sense of touch
2- you don't overlook small details
3- you prefer to take your time to make sure it's done right the first time

So, you are actually the perfect candidate to do body work. Truly, it's not that hard to get a nice straight panel with some simple tools. Grinder, hammer & dolly set, and welder. And, the welder is really only needed if you are replacing metal.

Then, a little practice with body filler and glaze/putty and you'll be good to go.
3M Platinum is great filler, Evercoat Finishing Glaze is awesome for pin holes and very small dents/dings left in the filler. Some practice with a block sander and experimenting with different grit comes next.

Go hit a junkyard and get the cheapest door you can, as long as it's metal. Take it home and grab a hammer. Let the hammer fulfill its destiny and then get to work teaching yourself how to fix it all the damage. You'll be surprised how quickly you'll pick it up. Then you'll be mad that you didn't find out sooner; about your hidden talent.

Based on your choose profession, I can make some assumptions...
1- you probably have steady hands and a good sense of touch
2- you don't overlook small details
3- you prefer to take your time to make sure it's done right the first time

So, you are actually the perfect candidate to do body work. Truly, it's not that hard to get a nice straight panel with some simple tools. Grinder, hammer & dolly set, and welder. And, the welder is really only needed if you are replacing metal.

Then, a little practice with body filler and glaze/putty and you'll be good to go.
3M Platinum is great filler, Evercoat Finishing Glaze is awesome for pin holes and very small dents/dings left in the filler. Some practice with a block sander and experimenting with different grit comes next.

Go hit a junkyard and get the cheapest door you can, as long as it's metal. Take it home and grab a hammer. Let the hammer fulfill its destiny and then get to work teaching yourself how to fix it all the damage. You'll be surprised how quickly you'll pick it up. Then you'll be mad that you didn't find out sooner; about your hidden talent.

My friend...I see to many guys spend months and years doing body work then paint...a couple days of not driving my car I go crazy, 2.5 months of my car being down doing the suspension/brakes and it's been long enough. Maybe when I have multiple fun Mopars I will learn body work lol.

I respect your decision to improve your paint job. Be careful though you get it looking too good it might be harder to let go of LOL. I am no painter but after looking at many Mopar paint jobs over the years I know the pp&g matches original Factory Sublime the best that I've ever seen. I bought my car in 78 and it still has the original paint on it so I have a pretty good idea of what Sublime should look like. A lot of different paint manufacturers have quite a bit of different shades of sublime most of them are a little too dark just my opinion.
Im letting it go to fund my 67 barracuda lol

base/clear & stripes

DEMON W BASE CLEAR  STRIPES 001.JPG

DEMON W BASE CLEAR  STRIPES 002.JPG

DEMON W BASE CLEAR  STRIPES 005.JPG

-
Back