Demon owners please read!!!

-

Slappy

Reaction score
I gutted my interior today. I am wanting to know a few answers to some questions I have. The one picture has some cardboard type inserts that go to the rear of the metal sail panels in the rear. Can these be bought new? Do they come with a headliner? Kind of junky if you ask me. Next I have the sail panel pix. Both panels have two holes drilled in the top edge next to the window. Does something go there or did someone just drill the holes? Both panels have them. Next we have the interior door pix. What are the two extra holes in the door for. They are located rearward of the interior Demon emblems. One even has a plastic plug in it. All the holes in the door are exactly the same on both sides. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

008.JPG

009.JPG

012.JPG

011.JPG

013.JPG

The one picture has some cardboard type inserts that go to the rear of the metal sail panels in the rear. Can these be bought new?.

I bought mine with the ABS headliner. Not sure if the are available for original type headliner, but have you tried Legendary?

Both panels have two holes drilled in the top edge next to the window. Does something go there or did someone just drill the holes?

My 72 does not have these holes.

What are the two extra holes in the door for. They are located rearward of the interior Demon emblems.

The rear most hole provides access to a bolt that attaches the window glass track to the door.

Demon408 thanks for the reply. The holes in the door though are above the door panel and completely exposed. Did Dodge put these holes there? I never really noticed them until now.

Slappy, As far as I know the reproduction sail panels are plastic and are sold separate from the headliner. You might be able to just spray bomb your originals or cover them w/ material. Yours don't really look that bad and appear to be intact. They are hard to come by.........

I don't have any drilled holes on my rear upper metal trim pieces either :dontknow:.

My 72 Demon does have a small hole w/ a plug near the rear of the door also. It looks like Demon 408 knows what it's for. I've never noticed it until now! Maybe someone drilled the front hole for mounting a mirror adjusting knob?

The one at the rear of the door was put there by Dodge and it is above the door panel, but may have originally had a plastic plug. As 6pk2goDemon said the font hole may be for an adjustable mirror, that would make sense.

I've never seen the holes in the rear metal covers though, maybe for a chrome trim option? Not sure.

Slappy, As far as I know the reproduction sail panels are plastic and are sold separate from the headliner. You might be able to just spray bomb your originals or cover them w/ material. Yours don't really look that bad and appear to be intact. They are hard to come by.........

I don't have any drilled holes on my rear upper metal trim pieces either :dontknow:.

My 72 Demon does have a small hole w/ a plug near the rear of the door also. It looks like Demon 408 knows what it's for. I've never noticed it until now! Maybe someone drilled the front hole for mounting a mirror adjusting knob?
Yeah maybe but both doors have the same holes in the same places. Wierd.

-
Back