demon t-lights from laysons? anybody?

-

chrisf

Reaction score
has anyone bought the repop demon taillight lenses from laysons? i am scared to deal with them with all the horror stories i read about with quality and delivery of parts.

anyone bought some? good? bad? ugly?

I bought them a couple years back, they are nice. Order them through "Rick@Layson's" here on this site if you do

I agree,Rick hooked me up with some for my duster and everything went well.

Be really careful and think very carefully before you shop with Layson's (anybody at Layson's). They have persistent reputation problems; see threads here, here, here, and here, for just a few of many examples. :-(

I agree, I have never ordered from them but I have heard nothing but good words about Rick, he takes care of us here at FABO.

Everywhere i go i hear about Laysons being in the bizz of ripping off.I havent bought anything from them EVER because of that alone.This Rick guy sounds like a good guy and i think everyone of us would buy from him even more if he went out on his own.The hobby only has room for honest business men and eventually some pissed off buyer will pound Daves face into a bloody pulp at a major mopar show...im not condoning or encouraging it,but i sure as hell would be guilty of laughing.Its the hobbyists he should be worried about NOT chryslers lawsuit.:thebirdm:

thanks guys for the advice. i am very hesitant to deal with them thats why i posted here.

is there anyone else who sells repop lenses other than them?

i suppose if i do get ripped off i can allways go pay them a visit :) i may get ahold of our contact here and see what he can do for me.

ok i just read all those and if i am not mistaken rick@laysons only posted one time in all those threads and he is the good guy? maybe i am missing something but the good guy should be doing damage control, he obviously is not.

i think i will try to find some elsewhere and last resort i will try them

Be really careful and think very carefully before you shop with Layson's (anybody at Layson's). They have persistent reputation problems; see threads here, here, here, and here, for just a few of many examples. :-(

ok i just read all those and if i am not mistaken rick@laysons only posted one time in all those threads and he is the good guy? maybe i am missing something but the good guy should be doing damage control, he obviously is not.

i think i will try to find some elsewhere and last resort i will try them

You got ignorant, clueless and uninformed all in one post!

Congratulations! You win the internet!

the only way to buy from laysons in my opinion is if you are at a show and have the parts in your hand.

if you call laysons ask for[ RICK KEESLER,,, and ask if they are in stock,,if not instock order them some place else,,,ive seen some one else offering demon tail lite lense,,,,/COLOR]

I have purcahsed from Laysons several times over the past 5 or 6 years. The first two times the items were in stock and I had them within a week. The last time was to order tail light lens for the Cuda. They were not in stock and they told me that it would be 3 or 4 months before they had them. It took about 9 months before I got them. On the plus side the quality is excellent and they didn't charge me until they shipped.

please explain. you saying the other posts about laysons are all lies?

No. The threads about Layson's (the company) are not lies. They are really as bad as everyone says.

But….

Rick is not Layson's… Rick is just the only honest dude there. He will answer your questions, verify if stock is on hand and give you accurate shipping times.

thanks for clearing that up, I will get ahold of him

I was also sceptical when I heard all of the horror stories, but I stopped by there on my way home from fishing, and thought I would ask them about a 70 Dart quarter panel that I have been putting it off for years. Well, the had it in stock, were very nice, and I went home with a quarter panel in my bed of the camper. I have changed it out and am now looking for a painter to get it finally painted. I will go back there when I need to get anything else without any hesitation. But, living in Puyallup about 7 miles from the store is way better than paying shipping! I wish I remember who the guy was I dealt with, but he was very nice and knew his stuff.
Brian

but I stopped by there on my way home from fishing, and thought I would ask them about a 70 Dart quarter panel that I have been putting it off for years. Well, the had it in stock, were very nice, and I went home with a quarter panel in my bed of the camper.

the key is that you were there and they had it there so you could take it home with ya right then and there. i wouldn't buy anything from them over the phone or internet. only if i could hold it in my hands before i pay for it.

-
Back