demon tire size help

-

Tawny Demon

Reaction score
I have a new pair of mt 29.5/10.5 I got for free from one of my friends and I wanted to know, if they will fit in the wheel wells of my demon an not hit the quarters. I'm currently running 275/60/15 with no issue on a 15x8 Cragar SS with standard offset. if there are any thoughts it would be great thank you.

any help please! what is the measurement across the wheel well from the widest point

Honestly have never measured myself - EVER. I expect I will as soon as I have the dough to replace wheels and tires...

I have a 71 demon that was a /6 car upgraded to a 360. I think the rear end is stock /6 (whatever that might be) so if you want I will measure mine and see if I get the same or simliar number.

It will have to wait until after my daughters soccer tomorrow and if I cant get it done tomrorow it might take until next weekend. BUT I will do it if you want me too.

Brent

29.5" is TALL. Even worse, MT lists the diameter of the 29.5x10.5 at 29.9", so, its even taller than advertised.

Your 275/60/15's are 28" tall, so you don't have to do much measuring. Do you have at least 3/4" clearance all the way around the diameter of your current tires? If not, they won't fit...

Is your car mini-tubbed or anything? MT also lists the section width of the 29.5x10.5 at 13". That won't fit in the wheel well without a mini-tub and 3" spring relocation. The stock width of the wheel housing is only like 12-12.25" from the inside wheel well to the quarter.

-
Back