Demon wheel BS question

-

AbodyAaron

Reaction score
Hey guys I tried to find an old thread with info but couldn’t find anything that specific. I found an old set of cragar mags that I wanna run on my 71 demon. They’re all 15 X 7 big bolt pattern. The only issue I have is they have a 3.5 bs. Does anyone have experience with the 3.5 bs front and rear on a demon? I know 4” bs works on these cars but never seen 3.5”. No tires purchased yet until I find the right wheel setup. Thanks in advance.

For context I’m running a 8 3/4 rear drum setup and a later A body stock disc setup up front.

I would imagine the rear would be fine with a 7" wheel. I wonder about tire selection with a 7" wheel on the front. My 72 duster has 15x6 on the front with a 205/60r15 and it looks like much taller clearance may be an issue.

I would imagine the rear would be fine with a 7" wheel. I wonder about tire selection with a 7" wheel on the front. My 72 duster has 15x6 on the front with a 205/60r15 and it looks like much taller clearance may be an issue.
I’m not taking about width. You can fit a 7-8” wide wheel no problem tire size depending. I’m asking about backspace specifically.

15x7 with a 3.5” backspace isn’t going to work up front. You’d have to run it like a brodozer, jacked up like a 4x4 with the wheels hanging out of the fender.

It’s not a great choice for the rear either, although it can work depending on tire selection.

I ran 15x7’s with a 225/60/15 on the front of my Duster using 4.25” backspace. Not sure what your set up looks like, but a 205/60/15 isn’t even a 25” tall wheel and should have plenty of room.

Just bought the car and haven't gone far with it yet. Changing wheels anyway and I would like a taller tire or at least more sidewall. Have to do some measuring. 255/60r15 rear and 205/60r15 front is kinda weird looking to me.

-
Back