Dentist

-
Firstly, Medicare does not pay for dental services unless you have a Medicare advantage plan. If you have one of them, then you have an insurance company that administers it. A dentist may or may not be in network for that plan. If, for example, Metlife is the administrator of the Medicare advantage plan and your dentist is in network with Metlife, then you have benefits for them. If on the other hand you have an HMO plan, then you must go to where the insurance company assigns you. Again, this is a choice that you make, not the dentist. The dentist is not specifically REFUSING Medicare plans. Find a plan that your dentist participates in and get the Medicare advantage plan that works with it. I participate in almost all PPO plans and the discount for the patients is substantial. If the patient has a Medicare advantage plan, great.

Here is an example of how unreasonable Medicare is with bureaucracy and requirements. I wanted to bill Medicare Medical for a Sleep Apnea appliance. In order to do that, They require you to use one of about 3 types of "approved" appliances. No other commonly used appliances will be paid. The lab cost for the appliance is $600. The reimbursement was only $800. It takes 2 appointments to make the appliance, then you have to titrate the appliance with several more visits. All told on average 5-6 visits for $200 minus the cost of impression materials and labor to clean, setup and clean again the rooms every time and other dental supplies. It is simply not worth the hassle.

The decision to participate in a PPO plan is another whole story. Cigna has increased reimbursements a total of 2$ over
To be clear, I'm not bitchin about the dentist. I know where the problem lies. It's the insurance companies. I don't know all the gory details, but I know it's not the dentists. We have Care Credit with a pretty high limit and I have some on it, but it's all our cats' medical procedures. lol We're next.

And we HAVE part C through Humana. No one will accept it.

And speaking of insurance's, consider many practices have to hire a person specifically to handle insurance issues
Thats another employee added to payroll and not a minimum wage job either

Let`s go off on a tangent and rant about another medical field.
My eye Dr. a friggen franchise name like fast food stores.
They want you to get an exam every year because, "gimme dat money"
Cheap $20. frames for $250
Nothing but the big black frames because, "let`s force you to go back to the 50`s
Cheap plastic lenses that scratch if you look at them funny.

I tried to get a new set of lenses the other day and they refused me because, "my prescription expired" because, "gimme dat money"
I see just fine with my current prescription, but Nooooo, gimme dat money:BangHead:
Rant over

Go ahead Steve, gimme my red X :rolleyes:

Well
Let`s go off on a tangent and rant about another medical field.
My eye Dr. a friggen franchise name like fast food stores.
They want you to get an exam every year because, "gimme dat money"
Cheap $20. frames for $250
Nothing but the big black frames because, "let`s force you to go back to the 50`s
Cheap plastic lenses that scratch if you look at them funny.

I tried to get a new set of lenses the other day and they refused me because, "my prescription expired" because, "gimme dat money"
I see just fine with my current prescription, but Nooooo, gimme dat money:BangHead:
Rant over

Go ahead Steve, gimme my red X :rolleyes:
Well you asked so I complied
Ive been using a chain type eye glass story
They sell junk and are overpriced
Eye glass frames are all markup so I was told my someone in that business
I’m trying a local optometrist who sells better quality frames soon
Now get this
Been welding many moons now, don’t know if it hurt my eyes or not but I’m up to 350 on reading glasses and probably could go higher
Always bought my reading glasses on line
Went recently to buy a few and now I’m told no good
I need a prescription
New Jersey no problem so I had them shipped to a NJ address
It’s a dam conspiracy I swear lol

-
Back