Desert Car Kings

-

JGC403

Reaction score
Desert Car Kings are going to ruin a 1968 Charger tonight. They did an OK job on the GTO they did last week. But I think that has been the only car they have done a OK job on so far.

I like the show, But when they on in the yard I lose track of what the are doing. I find my self scanning the background for Mopars.

I haven't watched it since they did that rare, push button, 273 v8 (/6) Barracuda.

Yeah.... that was a terrible show on all accounts. No continuity at all. By far the worst one, actually, and the drama was even more staged than usual. The show is junk. And here some friends of mine were on a pilot show on Discovery recently and told that their show wouldn't go into production because it appeared to be too "made for TV." Well, if Desert Car Kings doesn't epitomize that, I don't know what does.

What channel does this show come on? I wanna see retards workin

I haven't watched it since they did that rare, push button, 273 v8 (/6) Barracuda.

Glad I wasn't the only one that noticed that, it was total bullshit and i turned it off and never went back.

I think they sold/restored the 'parts car' and used the /6 one for staged drama and to make it look like they were doing work

So far the Charger looks like ****, And why didnt they just get a hood from AMD... oh the drama! The inner fenders looked like they painted over what was there.

The few shots I got of the paint job so far look like crap. I painted dump trucks out in the driveway on a windy day that turned out better.

Hey looky here a trunkload of 68 charger interior parts just happen to be here and I will give them to you for $200. What a set up show.

God some of these new car shows are terrible. Most have to finish the car by a dead line, and of course they just barely make it. Chip foose was the start of this bad reality car show stuff and its getting worse. I was flippin through the channels the other day and saw some show where they were in such a hurry welding somthing, they about burned the car to the ground.

Anything less then 20 seconds is respectable! Yeah right at 19.6 seconds you just don't know what your doin.

I could have gone without seeing the 19 second pass.

I was literally laughing out loud, HARD!!

Should be called Desert Disasters:wack:

OMG... just saw the end of the show. They got $15k for that WRECK... I kept pausing the DVR to look at all the CRAP body work.

Pretty funny that the old body guy who was working on it said "every imperfection will show" well he was right. Too bad he didn't do anything about it before he shot it!!

yeah thats wat im complaining about. 20 secs?! wtf! didnt big block chargers run like 13s? let me drive that thing even without the burnout i bet i could beat that new so called 4dr granny car named charger, and btw i know dads like to pass things on, but for god sakes DO NOT buy your kid who just learned to drive a high powered car ok thats asking to be carried home in a cop car, with a long line of tickets.

It was sad. Then the guy that bought it is going to give it to his kid. He'll probably wreck it.

DO NOT buy your kid who just learned to drive a high powered car

Don't worry, the kid did NOT get a high powered car. That POS was slower than my friends 1969 Chevy Station wagon which ran 18 secs in the quarter with it's bone stock very tired small block.

they put a 383 in it last time i checked, and idc a bone stock 5.0 is enough to get me in trouble, 135 mph? with only 250 hp if its rwd with a v8,dont give it to your kid a very good example, 78 ford ltd white, rusted, 4dr it was my buds, took out the 502 bb that was in it, and put in a 351 w big boat of a car. would hit 130 like nothing, its go up to 120 then go back wards, had it all the way over then all the way back to 85 so thats 145 mph, in a 3k + lbs car. so v8 rwd + 16 yr old= BAD IDEA it was pretty fun beating cameros and stangs with a 4dr boat though hahaha

-
Back